Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default What causes hand warts?

does anyone know What causes hand warts? and any remedies for it..

**Zenisha Sherchan** Female

The human papilloma virus is responsible for warts - but to get them you have to be both genetically predisposed and in close contact with an infected person.

With a clean nail file, gently slough off the top layers of your warts daily to remove dead skin, says Day. (Do not use this nail file for anything but wart removal.) Then rub on over-the-counter Occlusal HP - its highly concentrated salicylic acid dissolves warts. If warts remain after several months, consult your dermatologist about other remedies, including laser therapy and liquid nitrogen treatments. Despite treatment, however, warts can come back. A warning: Be careful when engaging in sexual activity - though it's unlikely, hand warts can spread to your (or your partner's) genitals.

**Ryan** Male

So if that is the case, how can we prevent it from occurring? What are the symptoms of having this kind of disease. I think hand warts are really contagious.

**Zenisha Sherchan** Female

There is a vaccine for it,three vaccination are given over a six-month period.

**Brenda** Female

warts on your hands is not uncommon. sometimes they go away themselves. i had one on the palm of my hand when i was 15. i hated it because i wanted to start dating and i was afraid a guy wouldn't want to hold my hand with warts. i fell on black top and ripped the wart off. it never grew back. you can go to a doctor or you can use otc products that work for hand warts. now if you had flat warts, they spread. i developed them on my leg and even after i thought they were gone from medical attention they kept coming back. then i developed psoriasis. i think flat warts are part of an autoimmune disease. i have a good case of psoriasis. (not fun) but flat warts and regular warts are different.

thank you. so the vaccine is for human papilloma virus ? when can i take it ,should it be taken in childhood or it can be taken at any age.

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

Yup .There are over 100 types of HPV and this vaccine targets the types of HPV that commonly cause cervical cancer and genital warts.So hand warts might not be cause by the same strain of HPV that causes genital warts. The vaccine only effective is preventing those types of HPV that causes genital warts and cervical cancer.

If you have already been exposed to HPV, in this case the vaccine is less effective in preventing HPV. So the vaccine does not treat existing HPV infections.

The vaccine has been approved to girls and women ranging from 9-26 years of age. safety and efficacy of this vaccine in older women is yet not established, but research is ongoing.

**William** Male

There are two risk factors that will increase the probability of getting a plantar wart are the breaks in the skin of your feet soles and weakened immune system. There are many other unknown reasons that some individuals are more likely to get HPV as compared to the others. But what is known is that teenagers and children have been proven to be at maximum risk for HPV.

Over the counter hand warts treatments include salicylic acid, ointments and plasters. You can put this in your warts at home or a doctor might do it for you. They are often effective and thus many wart sufferers use them.

Topical preparations as hand wart treatments include Imiquimod. While Imiquimod is effective in getting rid of hand warts, the chemical in it is absorbed by the skin and thus it may be fatal for an unborn child. If you suspect that you are pregnant or if you are trying to be pregnant, do not use Imiquimod.

There's a herbal remedy that's really helpful. It's called Thuya, sometimes spelled Thuja. It's applied directly to the affected area once or twice a day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast