**Tara** Female

Default Stretchmark Prevention and Correction

Stretch mark prevention and correction is not only good for pregnant women. Most people think only pregnant women can get stretch marks.

However, the reality is both men and women can develop them for any number of reasons. For example, body builders and anyone who experiences rapid weight gain can develop these unsightly scars.

Heredity is another cause of stretch mark development. If the latter applies, then it could be inevitable no matter what you do to prevent them.

However, it is always worth it to try to prevent them if you know this condition is hereditary. Try prevention anyway, you may be surprised!

Because people often feel a bit embarrassed by this unattractive skin demarcation, they seek to find ways to minimize the look of their stretch marks.

Even better than stretch mark removal, is stretch mark prevention. The most important thing you can do to prevent stretch marks is to maintain healthy skin.

Stretch Mark Prevention and Correction Tips:

• Eat a variety of foods that promote healthy skin such as foods rich in zinc, Vitamins A, C, and D, as well as sufficient amounts of protein. Minerals such as zinc can increase suppleness of the skin, therefore assisting in stretch mark prevention.

• Drink at least eight 8 oz. cups of water daily. You need to increase this amount if you also drink caffeinated beverages.

• Water helps keep you entire body healthy and helps keep your skin more elastic to help prevent stretch mark formation.

• Exercise (cardio/aerobics) can help keep the blood circulation up and protects the skin, making it more elastic.

• Pace your work out routine. Bodybuilders who develop stretch marks do so because of rapid gains. Building steadily will reduce the likelihood of deeply ingrained striae.

• Don't scratch the areas where you are likely to get stretch marks. Scratching pulls and stretches the outer and middle layers of skin and can contribute to more damage.

• Massaging is good for skin not only to prevent scratching, but it promotes blood circulation and helps stimulate new cell growth, both of which are important in preventing stretch marks.

• If you are pregnant, try to stay within the healthy weight gain limits of 25-35 pounds. More important than abiding by these numbers is to gain weight slowly over your pregnancy.

• Sudden spurts of growth can occur during pregnancy that can cause your weight to grow too quickly and increase your chances of stretch marks forming.

• Use a stretch mark oil or body butter (containing shea butter, rosehip seed oil, tamanu, or emu oils) two to three times daily in the areas you are likely to develop stretch marks.

Although you cannot completely remove existing stretchmarks without possibly the aid of some type of surgery, these natural oils can help greatly minimize their appearance.

• Sugar scrubs and other exfoliating substances should be rubbed over the skin to keep the blood circulation up. This aids in preventing stretch mark formation.

Also, if necessary, visit a dermatologist to see what they would advise to reduce the odds of developing stretch marks.

Additional reference source:
    AllAboutStretchMarks.com © 2006-2009, StretchMarkRemoval.com

Banned
    **Michelle** Female

Coming from someone with stretch marks, this was very helpful! I'm always told to use cocoa butter, but now I know that there's so much more that can be done. Thank you!

**Tara** Female

Thanks, Michelle. I appreciate your comment. Yes, there is so much more that can be done to correct stretch marks. Tamanu oil is wonderful for this!

**nimra shehzadi** Female

I would suggest invicible scars. I used it for my stretch marks and it made me get rid of them very fast. That packaging is kinda flashy but the cream is silky and smooth.

**ANGELICA MASON** Female

Yea, the cream is a great invention. But Diet discipline is also necessary.

I have been looking into a skin tightening and stretch mark cream to help for a long time now as well. Has anyone ever tried a mineral bath soak?

Banned
    **kevinkrieger** Male

Massage a lotion or oil with Vitamin E into your skin regularly to help prevent stretch marks.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful