Hybrid View

**Martin Brutary** Male

Default Red bump rash help

Hi everyone,

I have gotten this skin rash a few weeks ago and it wont go away. Its only on my fore arms and will not spread anywhere else. They are small little bumps. My doctor said it might be HPV (but i dont have sex) or Molluscum Contagiosum. But Molluscum Contagiosum is said to be extremely contagious and spread rapidly. My mom has touched the bumps, my GF has touched the bumps and I have attempted to spread the bumps on the body by scratching(i know its stupid). I really want to get rid of these bumps. I do Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and workout at a gym and go to a sauna. So im always in contact with other people and on mats. Please help me!
    Thank you
    Pictures below

**Jayce Martin** Male

Stop scratching it because it'll only get worse. Get ointment and you'll be good...

**Martin Brutary** Male

do you know what it is though and what kind of ointment?

**Esther** Female

Hi Martin and thank you for being part of these community.
    I'd like to ask you a few questions for us to better understand why this is happening. When did you start having these symptoms? How often is your gym cleaned? How often do you wash your jiu-jitsu uniform?

If you don't have a second uniform to alternate, I may strongly recommend you to buy at least two more of them. Yes, they're expensive but your health deserves it. This will allow not to interrupt your trainings and it will avoid any further skin infection from clothing.

I will look towards your reply

**Martin Brutary** Male

Quote Originally Posted by simplyearth View Post
    Hi Martin and thank you for being part of these community.
    I'd like to ask you a few questions for us to better understand why this is happening. When did you start having these symptoms? How often is your gym cleaned? How often do you wash your jiu-jitsu uniform?

If you don't have a second uniform to alternate, I may strongly recommend you to buy at least two more of them. Yes, they're expensive but your health deserves it. This will allow not to interrupt your trainings and it will avoid any further skin infection from clothing.

I will look towards your reply
    Hmmm i started having these symptoms about a month or so ago. I had a competition and spent several hours in the sauna and then competed the next day for several hours. A few days later i noticed small little bumps forming on my arm. they slowly started to spread on my fore arms but no where else. My Girlfriend and mom has touched them and they dont seem to have it at all. They clean the gym every day a few times a day but it is not cleaned right before Jiu-Jitsu class. I wash my uniform every time i use it and yes I have 2 to alternate between to make sure i always have one that it clean. These bumps will not spread anywhere else on my body except my fore arms which seems wierd to me. If you can help in anyway that would be amazing Thank you.

**Martin Brutary** Male

Also these bumps are not pain full they just cause itchiness and affect my self esteem because they are nasty looking and all over my fore arms. They are pretty perfect looking circles also.

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

It looks like molluscum contagiosum to me. But direct exam is necessary to confirm the case. Are they hard, soft, solid, pus filled? Usually MC are smooth, pearly and dimple in the center while HPV are rough. Both can be transmitted with skin to skin contact (not necessarily sex). The virus can also be spread by touching a surface with the virus on it, such as a towel and clothing most commonly during bath.

MC usually goes on its own after few months. There are several treatment options your doctor may provide like cryotherapy, curettage and lasers. Also some prescription creams containing salicylic acid, podophyllin, tretinoin, cantharidin,imiquimod. There are several treatment available online that claims to remove the lesion but be warned they may leave scar. So its better to consult a dermatologist in person and confirm the case and check for available treatment options. Also try to boost-up your immune system which will help kick those virus away quicker.

Do let us know about any improvements and updates. feel free to ask anything u want.

**Justine** Female

It could be folliculitis / 'hot tub folliculitis' if you have been in the sauna? If it is, a course of antibiotics or Bactroban cream will clear it up.