Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned
    **Sherin Fonseka** Female

Default How is toothpaste good for acne?

This classic treatment is probably one of the most famous acne remedies that you can try. This is for two reasons. First, it works. Second, it’s inexpensive and you can do it in less than 5 minutes.

For years, people have been spot treating with toothpaste to help get rid of acne. There are some things to remember though when you decide to treat your acne with toothpaste. Toothpaste is most effective when spot treating. This means, it should be used on isolated pimples. If you get a big, painful pimple on an irregular basis, you can apply a tiny bit of toothpaste to it to assist in the drying out process.

If you suffer from more severe acne, applying a large amount of toothpaste over a wide area is not recommended. The active ingredient in toothpaste that helps combat your acne is sulfur. This is what causes the drying out of acne, particularly whiteheads. Applying it to large sections of your face can cause redness and a possible burning sensation. Use toothpaste sparingly.

Also, make sure to use standard toothpaste. Brands that advertise things like “Tartar Control” or “Whitening” contain additional ingredients that can have undesired effects, such as a more pronounced burning sensation. Apply less than a pea sized bit of toothpaste to an individual pimple and see results by the next day.

**Joe Buch** Male

Its really good, yesturday i had a pimpleand i put toothpaste and it got really small in less than a hour.

**Jayce Martin** Male

Informative post ....

**Nikki** Female

I wouldn't recommend toothpaste for continued use but it can work as a quick fix occasionally. I have found from personal use it works well for cystic acne/boils as it dried up the area but using too much or to often will result in excessive dry skin and could damage it. Use a pinhead size amount and try not to get any anywhere except on the spot itself. Light exfoliating of the area after use and a good moisturiser will go some way to helping. As I say this is from personal use and not a professional perspective so use with caution.

Sometimes it works but not all the time.

**liyonanton** Male

I also heard in the past days, Some of them are used the toothpaste as a acne treatment. I think, Today many of them are not continued this treatment. According to my view, Firstly consult the doctor and know the condition and stage which your are faced then after start the treatment for reducing it. What are the general precautions should we take for acne treatment?

Banned
    **Joe Cross** Male

From experience, I don't think you should try it if you have very sensitive skin. For me it didn't clear away my pimples or reduce them, it only added to my problem--redness & inflammation. If you don't think you will have this problem with your skin, go for it. When I couldn't afford my facial cleanser, I always wiped (gentle--no harsh rubbing) over my acne with alcohol and had good results.

**stellamandy96** Female

In olden days some people used to treat the acne problem with toothpaste. But now a day’s acne can be cleared with some natural products and it is not having any side effects. I use Pure Vanuatu water, Kaolin Clay, Fine Pumice, Honey, Virgin Coconut Oil, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Vitamin E, Lavender and Rose Geranium Essential Oils. I found those all tips and products from volcanicearth.

I hope it would be useful to every one.

**Lidia Schreck** Female

i am suffering from such a situation and never used such idea. i think this thing would help me a lot in treating my acne problem......

**bharat book bureau** Male

Well, this is good one trick, it is like first aid for acne and its working.
    Thanks for the tip.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast