Default Red rash on upper thigh will not go away!!! PLEASE HELP!

Hello,

I was wondering what this red rash is on my upper thigh? I have had it since August and have been to see my physician twice about it. She has recommended 2 different creams/ointments to aid in the recovery of the rash. Neither of these creams have worked for me at all.

About 7 months ago I was tested for STD's (blood work) and HIV - both tests came back negative. Since then, I have had sex a few times with one women, however, I always used protection.

My doctor said she would refer me to a dermatologist in the new year if the rash didn't go away. In the meantime any advice/insight would be greatly valued.

Regards,
    Thomas

-P.S- The ointment(s) / cream(s) I was using are:
    1) Hyderm 1 % - Hydrocortisone Acetate
    2) Lopox 1 %- Ciclopiroxolomine

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

Welcome to the forum Thomas, where exactly u have this rash, does it itch, pain or burning..or any other sensation. Has it spread since then or any other changes. Any other parts affected. I can't see the attachment... Can u upload the attachment?

Default Hope this works...

Quote Originally Posted by Deepak View Post
    Welcome to the forum Thomas, where exactly u have this rash, does it itch, pain or burning..or any other sensation. Has it spread since then or any other changes. Any other parts affected. I can't see the attachment... Can u upload the attachment?
    Hey Deepak,

Thanks for the quick response...

Pic 1 - http://postimage.org/image/jaa8bk4k9/

Pic 2 - http://postimage.org/image/nn8rtzdax/

+ Rash is on the upper thigh
    + Does not itch, burn, and is not painful. Never was / Never is.
    + It has not spread anywhere else on my body, however (you can see how there are two red spots) the smaller red spot came a week or so after the big red one / maybe longer.

Sorry about not uploading before, hopefully this works...

- Thomas

Hi thomas! You seemed to have used antifungal medication but doesnt looks like fungal infection to me. As the rash have already lost its original morphology and its very had to identify the lesion especially after being manipulated using different medication just looking at the picture. So i wanna know how was the lesion then they first appeared? was it like erythematous (red) rash surrounded by tiny area of localized pus over it or anythings you would like to describe it as?
    Last edited by Dr.Saiyan; 12-29-2012 at 11:13 PM.

The rash has always been red and there has never been any puss, just redness. Within the past few days the redness has become more prominent. I can't wait until I see a Dermatologist.

No-one has any clue?

Quote Originally Posted by impresario View Post
    The rash has always been red and there has never been any puss, just redness. Within the past few days the redness has become more prominent. I can't wait until I see a Dermatologist.

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

Sorry for late response..How is the lesion now? Has it changed its shape and size? We thought u visited the dermatologist.. Anyway are/were you on any medications for past few months when the rash appeared.. Are there any fine scales on the rash? does it bleed when u scratch? Does the rash blanch when u press with the glass? (u may use fine clear glass to press the rash to see if redness disappear when pressing). Have u applied any other medications beside the above ones...please reply.. We'll reply u back as soon as we can..

Hello!

I saw the dermatologist today and was diagnosed with 'Capillaritis'.

Here are some pictures http://www.skinsight.com/adult/capillaritis.htm

She recommended that I try using some Rutoside and Hesperidin to assist in the healing. Does anyone have any idea how much I should be using?

Thank you,
    Thomas

-P.S- I also had an HIV test today which came back NEGATIVE.

( :

Any answers to my questions?

That'd be great.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by impresario View Post
    Hello!

I saw the dermatologist today and was diagnosed with 'Capillaritis'.

Here are some pictures http://www.skinsight.com/adult/capillaritis.htm

She recommended that I try using some Rutoside and Hesperidin to assist in the healing. Does anyone have any idea how much I should be using?

Thank you,
    Thomas

-P.S- I also had an HIV test today which came back NEGATIVE.

( :

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

So how is the lesion now? any improvement? or any new lesion? Well i guess its better to consult your dermatologist who prescribed u Rutoside and Hesperidin. Dose of Hesperidin actually differs from disease to disease ranging from 25mg to 50-100mg daily and is often given combinations. Rutoside may be taken 500 mg twice or 250 mg 3 times a day. For specific dose you must always consult your dermatologist and follow his/her advice.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful