**Lucy Jodkowski** Female

Default damaged, rubbish looking nails!

Hi guys!
    Not been around for a while, but I'm back for a bit now! - have a new part-time job, (nothing exciting AT all) though I am at College studying level 3 beauty therapy now! yay!

Anyway, the reason I am posting here, is cause I'm having a bit of beauty trauma.
    my nails, look, absolutely... rubbish, at the moment.
    I have been wearing false nails (good quality ones!) for about a week, removing them, having a few days off, then putting more on. All this, as you can imagine has wreaked havoc on my natural nails! my four fingers on my left hand are all damaged and very short! the bottoms of them pretty much ripped off when I was removing my false nails....
    They've sort've healed now, but still look pathetic and short.... so I was wondering, does anyone have any good tips on how to encourage nails to grow? how to make them look healthier? and will applying nail varnish help them, or make things worse??

Any help would be appreciated! cheers!

xx
    Skin is my passion.

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

Welcome back Lucy, we were missing u. Im not good at nail beauty, may be someone here has a better suggestion.

Anyway, limit the use of nail polish remover, this will dry-up and damage ur nails, if needed, look for acetone or alcohol free nail polish remover. apply some good moisturizers to cuticles and fingernails, for better result u may wear some protective gloves during night (this will help maintain the moisture to ur nails).This will help nail grow faster. Applying good normal clear nail polish might help maintain the moisture to the nails and help grow faster.

**** Female

What ^ said. And also, be sure to use a cuticle cream that has lecithin in it. I don't know why, but it seems to be very healthy for nails.

**Nikki** Female

Hey Lucy welcome back. Good advice already given and I would definitely wear cotton gloves at night with your hands soaked in your favourite moisturiser. Use this as a lesson learnt and never use false nails whatever type. Plus stay away from gel polish. Using a good nail polish remover, if like me you prefer nails coloured, and moisturising nails and cuticles will help keep them in good condition.
    It may take a month or so but by following our advice any damage will grow out. I know from when I rescued a cat from a dog. The dog took a bite at me and it was only my nail which saved me from losing the top of my finger. The nail completely came away (painfree unlike when you snap part of a nail off) and within a few months the nailbed had healed and the nail had grown back.

Banned
    **kevinkrieger** Male

Keep your fingernails dry and clean and Use moisturizer. Also take more protein and do exercise to increase blood circulation.

**marclewis** Male

Just keep them dry and clean.

Of the several high end retailers of beauty products in London, I personally feel Sakare the best out there. It exquisite range of products is unmatched and some its items
    Like the Nail Kit are really easy on the pocket. Of all the products that I tried, I personally like the Gentle facial toner as the best.

Acetone free Nail polish remover, might be your best bet.

**audrey** Female

I have a Sakare Nail Kit that saves me big bucks every time my hands need a manicure. Moreover it saves time of travelling to the parlour and waiting on appointments. It is very effective and at par with any other good manicure taken at a parlour. My nails have become very smooth with a slight shine. The nail file is also not very strong so that it can harm my nails. The buffer is apt for buffing the nails appropriately. Lotion is icing on the cake!

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful