Question Please help: Strange skin rash/pigmentation on my neck? I'm very worried...

I have a dermatologist appointment next week but the wait is killing me.

I'm a 27 year old male and I have a pinkish skin pigmentation on the front of my neck where the neck meets my right clavicle. I uploaded a pic here at this link:

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/6...0905at0558.jpg

Its just below my facial/neck hair. I'm not sure how long I've had it, maybe a month or so, but I know I began noticing it about a few weeks ago.

It doesn't itch, hurt, or anything like that, but it does feel very smooth. It's too light to be a port wine stain, so I don't know what it is? Is this something I should worry about? Am I gonna get skin cancer?

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

Could u please upload the pic as attachment here.. I could not see.. Looks like imageshack is blocked in the region I currently moved..thanks.

Sorry about that, Deepak. How about now (you may have to click on it for a bigger image):

Photo on 2012-09-05 at 05.58.jpg

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

Thanks, sorry for late reply..Internet problems.. Anyway.. It doesn't look like skin cancer or any life threatening disease to me...It does look like Pityriasis versicolor also associated with pityrosporum folliculitis....sometimes photo dermatitis and PMLE also resemble such but these are often very irritating and associated with small bumps and vesicles.... How was the lesion when it first started...? Was it itchy...? Do u have such lesion on other parts of the body..?are you on an medications..?

Quote Originally Posted by Deepak View Post
    Thanks, sorry for late reply..Internet problems.. Anyway.. It doesn't look like skin cancer or any life threatening disease to me...It does look like Pityriasis versicolor also associated with pityrosporum folliculitis....sometimes photo dermatitis and PMLE also resemble such but these are often very irritating and associated with small bumps and vesicles.... How was the lesion when it first started...? Was it itchy...? Do u have such lesion on other parts of the body..?are you on an medications..?
    Hi Deepak,

I'm glad to hear it doesn't look cancerous/life threatening. Well, see, my memory's a little hazy. I recall having it as far back as June 2012 but I didn't think anything of it all this time cuz I thought "Ah its just a sun spot or something it'll go away" because I just came from a vacation in Orlando.

Around the same time in June, my family and I had like an itching spell, like one of those summer itches on the neck, chest, hands, and lower extremities. But that stopped in late July. My family doesn't have the rash that I have on my neck, its just me.

It pretty much looked the same back in June as it does now. Sometimes it looks kinda pinkish sorta and at other times more tannish (like when I was walking around outside this morning).

I looked at old facebook pictures of myself from January-April and I don't see the rash on my neck. So it must have began in June.

It does not itch or hurt. I don't have a rash anywhere else, just there in the pic. I don't take any medications either. I never had this before.

What do you think I should do? Will it go away on its own?

Deepak, guess what? I went to the drug store last night to pick up some Selsun Blue shampoo because I read that helps with the condition you described. I applied a thin coat of it to the area of the rash and left it there for 20 min.

I felt a tingling sensation in that area, not in a bad way, it felt kinda ticklish but I didn't itch or anything. Anyway, after I washed it off 20 min later, I noticed that the rash appeared to be more faintish in appearance, as if I took off a layer of dead skin. Here's a recent pic, compare this with the first one above:

Photo on 2012-09-08 at 02.00.jpg

I'm assuming this is a good sign? I'm still going to the dermatologist on Tuesday to show it to him regardless.

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

Selsun blue and nizoral shampoo works better on p.versicolor .. Apply it on alternate days for 10 mins for atleast a week then 2 times a week for a month.then once a week for few months.... Looks like you also have p.folliculitis on ur chest, selsun will also work on ur folliculitis, u may try it..
    Try to avoid sweating, hot climate and direct sun.. It will aggravate ur condition, also avoid greasy sunscreen, look for non-greasy one. Anyway u r visiting dermatologist... Let us know the diagnosis and updates...

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

How is the condition now? any updates..?

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful