**Vinessa** Female

Question Breakouts AND wrinkle prevention for sensitive skin

Hi,

Please forgive me if I've posted in the wrong thread or if there is thread that is similar enough to be a duplicate, I couldn't find an answer using the search feature.

I am in those awkward years where I have to think about both acne and wrinkle prevention. I don't know if I have acne or just break outs. What I do have is a lot of small white bumps appearing under the skin, they appear different from typical white heads because they are much deeper and have never been any bigger than twice the size of the head of a sewing needle. These white bumps don't appear to heal or go away. I have had some for almost a year before I stopped counting. They contain a very thick, clean white substance that I assume is pus but it is almost like a weird calcium deposit or a secretion from a gland. They can be emptied if squeezed but it is like forcing it through a very small opening, they do not "pop" per se. (I don't usually squeeze blemishes but I did one to try and self diagnose what they were)

I also am getting a lot of black heads in the corner of my forehead and some teeny tiny ones all over the face. I used to only get the white bumps around the t zone, chin, jawline and very rarely the cheekbones. Now they are all over, even in the soft part of my cheeks that are over the teeth. All of this is really wreaking havoc on the texture of my skin. I also have a few pores that get full blown swelling and turning to a white head, but it is the same pores that get infected every time. When I was in high school I would get the occasional breakout in my hairline or in the crevice of my nostril. It was no where near this bad back then and for years after I never had a problem.

Currently it seems that the only thing I can do to minimize, but not avoid breakouts is to use a clean wash cloth with just water. It seems that no matter what cleanser I use either causes my skin to get oily (I assume because it drys it out). The gentle cleaners I have tried seem to either not clean or deposit some kind of film on my face. Soon after I feel very dirty and I start to break out. The various toners I have used (both with and some without alcohol) seem to have the same problem, either drying my skin out causing it to oil up or leaving something on my face and angering it. Of course moisturizers used after products seem to always leave me feeling greasy and my face reacts accordingly.

I'm at that age where I should be using products to prevent aging and of course sun protection and I would really like to use these products but not suffer breakouts and risk scars. I also would really like to minimize these annoying little white bumps.

I can't afford to go to a dermatologist at the moment, so I was hoping that someone would be able to recommend some products / procedures that are for the most sensitive of sensitive. Wash, toner, Hopefully an anti aging/spf cream? Anything suggestions really.

I would like to keep it on the cheap side but please don't let that prevent you from recommending for a very good product. For the record, I have tried Proactive. I had success with the old formula a few years back but the new formula isn't helping. I have also tried L'Oreal 360 clean and Cetaphil. I've also tried an some Aveeno products (I think they were the positively radiant line) They worked for a while but then started being too heavy and didn't have anti aging. As for toners, I had some success with witch hazel but that changed, the proactive toner, A Burts Bees tomato toner. I also had a night cream from Olay that I liked but I still needed an spf product for during the day and the two of those together were just too much. I thought I would wash one cream off before I apply the next one but I think that dried out my face and it would respond by being oily. I know I've tried other products but those were a while ago and I can't remember what they were.

Thank you so much for any help you can provide, and at the very least for reading through my whole post.

V

well you can contact to our Acne Experts..it is free to take advice...i am sure that you will be ok...lets visit our website

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

From what you have described it still looks like Comedonal acne. You need stop using excessive cosmetics and makeups, just wash ur face with oil control hypoallergic facewash like cetaphil. Always use noncomedogenic products, if Benzoyl Peroxide (Proactiv) is not working you may try products containing salicylic acid. Other products like topical retinoids (adapalene, tazarotene, and tretinoin) are better for comedonal acne but may need prescription ( depends on the country u r living). All these products may increase sensitivity to sun so strict sun avoidance and use of broadshectrum sunscreen is needed.
    There are other conditions resulting in acneiform like eruptions, so these also needs to be excluded if nothing is working for you. Posting pics might better help us and for other members to suggest you.

Best over the counter acne treatment

**clara kim** Female

when having breakouts and acne problems , you should focus on the concerns of adult acne, try the Adult Acne System it helps treat both signs of aging and skin blemishes with its special ingredients (my aunt used it after trying proactiv with no results!!)

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful