Hybrid View

Default New Job = Oily skin?

I just started a new job where I am sitting at a desk all day. My last job was in retail, so I was moving around and standing all day.
    Since starting my new job, my face gets oily throughout the day, much more than before. And I've been breaking out a lot more as well.
    I'm also getting up earlier, but I would think being on a regular routine now would be helpful...
    Any advice? Should I change my skincare regime?

**Brenda** Female

i don't know how long you have been at your new job but the oiliness could be just from stress & excitement of having a new job. having to learn all new stuff is stressful. give your face and body time to acclimate to your new job and new hours. use the tissues they have to remove oil from your skin during the day. i am sure all things will straighten out in a few weeks. best of luck

**** Female

vencasand already posted my initial thought--stress and over-stimulation of a new worksite & new hours may be making your hormones fluctuate.

Logic dictates that having a calmer and more consistent job would help out, but I'm guessing you don't have oily skin to begin with. Just give your body the time to catch up and acclimate and you'll be fine.

**Nikki** Female

I agree with the above two answers. Also if you are getting less sleep this could add to your problem. How is your diet? Maybe there is something there that is also adding to your problem.

**Lucy Jodkowski** Female

I have found that this has happened to me before. When I started College last year and my first proper job last year, I developed more acne prone skin and ear infections. I really do think it's due to stress/anxiety/excitement. So you're not alone. As stated above: find time to relax and find time for yourself to unwind and collect your thoughts. A new job can always feel overwhelming, whether you are familliar with it or not.

L.
    x

I used Jooble search engine to find my job in Glasgow https://uk.jooble.org/jobs-takeaway-...driver/Glasgow