Thread: DIY Hairspray

Default DIY Hairspray

Thinking of cutting back on the chemicals you use on your hair this new year or simply just cutting back? Whatever the case may be, I am going to teach you how to make your own hairspray right in your own kitchen!

What you'll need:
    Empty Spray Bottle
    Sugar
    Water

Medium/Strong Hold Hairspray:
    1. Pour in 1/2 cup of water in pot and wait for it to boil.
    2. Put in 3 tsps of sugar and stir until it's completely dissolved.
    3. Pour liquid into empty spray bottle.
    *OPTIONAL: To add a nice fresh smell, simmer a few slices of oranges in the water first, take them out and then add in the sugar.

TIP: Since this isn't regular hairspray, you're going to want to spray it on your hair in layers. Spray on one thin layer at a time, let it dry, spray on a second layer, let it dry, so on and so forth.

This hairspray should be stored in the refrigerator and will only last for about a week , after which, you'll have to make a new one. To extend the shelf life to 2 weeks, add a tablespoon of vodka to the mixture.

**Lucy Jodkowski** Female

This is very interesting!

**Brenda** Female

wouldn't your hair be sticky? i don't use hair spray anymore. used to use the cheapest kind. you could bounce a ball off my hair!!lol but that was the style back in the sixties!
    stopped using hair spray in the 70's. my hair is now long, down below my waist if i had a waist! have you tried your homemade hair spray? does it work? just wondering.

**** Female

That's very interesting, but just be sure to stay inside on the days you use this. I imagine the bugs would find you too enticing. XD

@Vencasand: Yes I tried it myself and yes, it does work.
    @Blondie:Actually not, unless you will go to a bug farm or bee farm.

interesting indeed! sweetened hair? and not hair spray. Anyway, thanks for this info Misha Smith.

Is there anything you can use besides sugar? That's what I would want to know.

Lemon juice is used by some people. I don't find any DIY hairsprays work at all though.

**Rachel** Female

you should brand it and sell it on ebay

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

About DermaTalk

DermaTalk is an Skin Care Advice forum and message board dedicated to people for sharing Skin related issues and experiences with community members and get suggestions from expert.

Quick Links

Stay Connected

Twitter Facebook RSS Feed