Default Not sure what this is...

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v6...rent=pic-1.jpg

It started about a year and a half ago as just a patch of discoloration, but now it has spread, gotten scaly/peeling, and itches sometimes. i tried antifungal creams, selsun blue, and psioriasis creams/treatments.

frustrated, i went to the doctor. they said they have no clue what it was;

"it doesn't look like a skin fungus because it is too deep. maybe a skin virus or something. i dont think there is a treatment for this, it is just something you'll have to live with".

he then suggested i just break open vitamin E liquid gels and spread the liquid on it. this was a week ago and it seems to have spread a little more.

does anyone have any clue what this could be??

thank you.

**Brenda** Female

got to a dermatologist. ask them to do a skin scraping and get it biopsied. not that i think it is cancer or anything near that i just meant you will get a definitive answer and they will know how to treat it. it is frustrating to have something you don't know what it is. please let us know when you find out.

though the picture is not very clear seems like Pityriasis versicolor to me,caused by over growth of yeast fungus Malassezia furfur.this has to confirmed by the scraping the lesion and viewed under the microscope for the direct visualization of the fungus.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

About DermaTalk

DermaTalk is an Skin Care Advice forum and message board dedicated to people for sharing Skin related issues and experiences with community members and get suggestions from expert.

Quick Links

Stay Connected

Twitter Facebook RSS Feed