Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Dark Spots on my face

I have some dark spots on my face that I got once when I spent the day out in the sun and didn't have enough protection. ( I dread that day every time I look in the mirror). I have been to a couple dermatologists that have prescribed me Hydroquinone which made my skin very red so I stopped using it. Is there any other remedy that might help the dis-coloration disappear once and for all?
    Also, I always use 60 spf now on my face, however when its a hot day outside, I feel my skin getting hot and burning in the area where the spots are. Does anyone know why this happens?

I think the spot would take a lot longer than one day to come about. You probably have not used a good broad spectrum sunscreen throughout your life. Most people haven't so don't feel bad. The spot should not get hot and burn when you are out in the sun or heat now. I would recommend you seeing a doctor because there is probably something else going on as it shouldn't feel any different than the rest of your face. Tell the doctor that is feels like it is burning and hot.

Hydroquinone is very harsh. A vitamin C serum will lighten the spots if used every morning.

i agree with y34963.if the area feels different than rest of the skin than we probably need to checkout for the cause and for that u need to visit the dermatologist and explain about it.also probably u may need to checkout the sunscreen and the method of its use (some sunscreen need to be applied every 4-5 hours) also some sunscreen or its ingredients may not have suited u or not good enough to provide adequate protection.

Sun rays are major cause of dark spots therefore you should take measure to stay away from direct heat. As you had used cosmetic products which harmed your skin, you should try other alternative option like natural products. There are many natural remedies which can help you to get out of this problem.

Hi Elaina,

Have already tried whitening moisturizing cream? I also have had disturbing dark spots and slowly got rid of them using a whitening moisturizing cream.

Use of Aloe Vera gel on your face makes your skin healthier & generates new cell in your skin. It also helps you in healing pimples and calm redness. However, use Aloe Vera gel on your face twice a day; it will diminish dark spots on your face.

**P** Male

These days i tend to stay away from products that contain harsh chemicals. I had a scary run in, so now i stick to natural methods of lightening my skin.

I would advise you to do some research and try some different techniques to see what works for you. goodluck

I can relate to you as I also have same problem, and have used so many products and methods (including dermabrasion and peels). I have yet to find something that really works but I am using Dior Snowwhite range and find them quite nice.. also Amore Gold argan oil which seems to clear my skin. As for your skin feeling hot and buring, I will get check with GP just to be safe. Good luck and let me know how you go

**nina williams** Female

I too want to consult others in this regard. I've heard great stuff about inviCible scars at different forums. It deals with all kinds of scars , spots and blemishes . I'm looking forward to trying it now. Who else has tried it here ?

Sorry I haven't heard of this. I suggest you go to 'makeup alley'. That site has reviews from users on just about any product.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast