Bothered by signs of aging in your face?

Facelift surgery may be right for you. Technically known as rhytidectomy, a facelift is a surgical procedure to improve visible signs of aging in the face and neck, such as:

1. Sagging in the midface
2. Deep creases below the lower eyelids
3. Deep creases along the nose extending to the corner of the mouth
4. Fat that has fallen or is displaced
5. Loss of muscle tone in the lower face may create jowls
6. Loose skin and excess fatty deposits under the chin and jaw can make even a person of normal weight appear to have a double chin

Face lift surgery, or rhytidectomy, is designed to restore a more youthful appearance by smoothing and tightening the major wrinkles and sagging skin of the face, neck, and jaw line. Along with the removal of any excess skin, the muscles of the face and neck are elevated and secured, helping to maintain the improvement of the contours of the face and neck. A Face lift can make a patient look 5 to 10 years younger.

Facelifts are performed in an outpatient facility under general anesthesia. The procedure takes approximately 2-3 hours depending on whether any other procedures are performed at the same time.

Incisions are placed in inconspicuous locations precisely at or inside the hairline at the temple, in front of the ear, then around the earlobe and behind the ear, ending at the scalp area or along the hairline at the nape of the neck. The skin is undermined and lifted, revealing the underlying supporting tissues. These supporting layers are elevated and tightened, in order to maintain the long-term results of the Face lift. Loose, excess skin is removed in precise amounts, since it is important to avoid excessive tension on the skin. If necessary, fatty deposits are removed from beneath the chin and neck, through a small separate incision below the chin. Incisions are closed with very fine sutures.

When the procedure is completed, a bandage is placed around the face to minimize swelling and bruising. Recovery usually takes about 2-3 weeks. Most patients can return to work after 2 weeks. Scars are usually not noticeable after enough time has passed for them to mature. In any case, they are easily disguised in natural skin creases, by the hair, or by makeup until total healing has occurred.

This is Erica Anderson, and I’m a newbie here from United States. As a board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and a member of the American Society of Plastics Surgeons, I am really committed to bring you the details and emphasis of patient care on cosmetic and reconstructive surgery.

My clinical interests are aesthetic breast surgery, breast reconstruction, and body contouring. I understand that plastic surgery is a personal choice and you may have some questions. This Forum site looks great, I’m looking forward to establish a good relationship with you and have an interesting discussion with you.

Thanks and nice to meet you guys.

Yours in beauty,
Erica Anderson