Default Sulfer benefits acne and skin conditions?

Hello
    I was reading on my soap making list that someone had information that sulfur was good for the skin and for acne as well. That made me think about MSM. MSM (methylsulfamethane) is a capsule or powder you can ingest for different problems. I use it for its anti inflammatory properties when my back acts up.
    I remember reading that its great for skin, nails and hair as well.
    I think I am going to start giving it to my daughter for her acne and see if it helps. It is safe and has little or no side effects and is a natural preparation.
    So has anyone here used any sulfur product for a skin condition and had good results with it?

most of mario Badescu skin acne products have sulfur. It helps slow the oil production in the skin and helps break down the oily build up on the skin's surface. i love their drying mask and cream.

**Brenda** Female

when i was young (1000 yrs ago) i used a sulfur lotion on my face. it did work. now you can get it tinted or clear. brand name is rezamid. go generic though. sulfur has been around a long time. i just hated the smell.

**** Female

I use Proactiv Refining mask which contains sulfur. It works great, but agree with Vencasand - smell is horrible.

I don't think so. Some makeup contains sulfur and it really irritates those with acne problems. I have a friend who got into the mineral makeup bandwagon because the brand promised to make her skin clear even when she had makeup on. Unfortunately, the products contained sulfur, which made her condition worsen. It's a good thing that she was able to get a refund on those!

I think it depends on whether it is taken internally or in the cosmetic product. If it is in the cosmetic it can be irritating to sensitive skin, yes.
    I have used MSM in natural skin care products for things like psoriasis and eczema and have never had issues with it being in the product. It always had a soothing quality in the product. I wonder if it has to do with the amount that is in the product maybe?

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful