Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Skin care during pregnancy

Hi Friends,

My friend is in her second month of pregnancy. Suddenly her skin has become very oily. How do we deal with us?

hi Pooja ! nice to hear that,but during pregnancy lots of hormonal changes inside the body but we have to be very careful using any medicated products.so i think just washing face with mild ph balanced face wash 2-3 times a day and applying water based moisturizers including applying good sunscreen(at least spf15) while walking out is just enough.

Hi............
    Nice and useful topic for pregnant women's. I think herbal skin care products are best, Because in herbal products have no any side effects. So Your friend should follow it.
    Thanks.

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

Yes i agree with saiyan. It better to avoid any medication during pregnancy even topical medications that helps remove excess oil like Salicylic Acid and retinoids. Go with the natural way, her problem may be just temporary and may go away after pregnancy. As suggested above use water based cosmetics products.

usually washing your face with cold water couple of time a day can help remove excess oil. You can also use some Oil Blotting Papers which are available widely in local stores.

One more good news, sometimes mild oily face might be a good thing too, studies shows that people with oily skin tends to wrinkle less then with normal or dry skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Deepak View Post
    Yes i agree with saiyan. It better to avoid any medication during pregnancy even topical medications that helps remove excess oil like Salicylic Acid and retinoids. Go with the natural way, her problem may be just temporary and may go away after pregnancy. As suggested above use water based cosmetics products.

usually washing your face with cold water couple of time a day can help remove excess oil. You can also use some Oil Blotting Papers which are available widely in local stores.

One more good news, sometimes mild oily face might be a good thing too, studies shows that people with oily skin tends to wrinkle less then with normal or dry skin.

Thank you so much for replying dear friends, I will definetely apprise her about all the solutions that you all have suggested.

**Mel** Female

I would also suggest that during pregnancy especially she try to stick with something "paraben" free.

There is a list of FDA pregnancy category C creams and pills for skin disorders that may be harmful for the baby. They include tretinoin cream or pills (for acne), steroids, benzocain cream (local anesthetic), butoconazole (anti-fungal drug) and other drugs.

Oily skin during pregnancy can be partly prevented by avoiding hot showers and oil-based creams, and by using mild pH neutral soaps.

During pregnancy the women undergoes various changes in her and its said that during pregnancy women start glowing.The oiliness is also due to the effect of pregnancy and it will last no longer so don't worry and then too if you have doubt then you need to concern doctor.

Pregnancy is also a time when special care should be taken to keep the skin healthy and glowing. While most commonly used products are completely safe, there is handful of ingredients considered harmful to a growing baby.The more powerful and targeted products get, the more we need to be careful about what we have in our skin-care regimens during pregnancy and nursing.

**Lucy Jodkowski** Female

Very interesting subject. has got me thinking. (not about pregnancy, ahah!)

L.
    x
    Skin is my passion.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast