Thread: Itchy Skin

Question Itchy Skin

Hello all,

Been told I have intertrigo. Cannot find any cream or talc that helps relieve itching. it is spreading over my back now. Can anybody help?

Saffy.

**Brenda** Female

i don't know where you are from so i don't know if the climate is hot or cool. wear cotton clothes. especially undergarments. usually people with this have a lot of folds that can't get air. make sure these areas are cleaned properly. see a doctor. maybe he/she could give you a prescription for a topical antifungal+steroid, like nystatin+triamcinalone cream. i have this when it gets very hot outside. you could use an anti-fungal powder to keep you dry in those areas. if it is spreading to your back you really need to see a doctor.

Default Reply to Brenda

Quote Originally Posted by Saffron Carter View Post
    Hello all,

Been told I have intertrigo. Cannot find any cream or talc that helps relieve itching. it is spreading over my back now. Can anybody help?

Saffy.
    Hello Brenda,

Thank you for your reply. I live in Birmingham UK.

I have seen two different doctors who both prescribed Canasten hydracortsone creams. I am at present using Boots Eurax Cream, talcum powder and Magicool spray, having tried everything else.

Wanted to know if anyone has found anything better than these.

I am severely disabled in a wheelchair and have a special mattress on my bed with a single 3" Memory Foam Topper on it. The itching started to get worse when I put this topper on my bed about two months ago, It gets very hot, in fact it is too hot for me and I think this heat is causing the intertrigo red patches and ithching to spread.

I have searched the internet for a Mattress Topper that does not exude heat.

Can anybody help me in this area?

Default Reply to Brenda

Quote Originally Posted by Saffron Carter View Post
    Hello all,

Saffy.
    Hello Brenda,

Thank you for your reply. I live in Birmingham UK.

I have seen two different doctors who both prescribed Canasten hydracortsone creams. I am at present using Boots Eurax Cream, talcum powder and Magicool spray, having tried everything else.

Wanted to know if anyone has found anything better than these.

I am severely disabled in a wheelchair and have a special mattress on my bed with a single 3" Memory Foam Topper on it. The itching started to get worse when I put this topper on my bed about two months ago, It gets very hot, in fact it is too hot for me and I think this heat is causing the intertrigo red patches and ithching to spread.

I have searched the internet for a Mattress Topper that does not exude heat.

Can anybody help me in this area?

Many thanks,

Saffron.

**Brenda** Female

saffron, i googled cooling mattress toppers. they actually make such a thing. i haven't heard of them before. one of them is called gold plus cooling mattress. it is for us people who get hot quickly and it cools down the body to normal and it supposedly allows us to sleep comfortably. it provides not cold not hot temps. just google cooling mattress toppers and it is under cooling mattress store. i hope i helped.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful