Default Blemish after popping zit

Hi,

I know I wasn't suppose to pop any zits on my face but I did it and I not only got rid of the zit but I broke some skin in the process. A scab was formed and fell off naturally. Now I am left with this pink circular mark on my face. I never did this before to my face so was wondering if anyone who went through this could advise if this will eventually heal, meaning the pink spot will be filled in with my normal skin color. It has been 2 weeks and I just started applying fresh aloe vera plant gel yesterday. I will continue applying it but would like to know what are my chances this will go away. Kind of bothering me.

Below is a picture of the blemish. Thank you for any inputs.

**Brenda** Female

don't pop any more zits!! it can leave a scar but if you dab it with salacylic acid wipes or a yogurt dab at night i think it will fade quite quickly. i used to always pop pimples. bad habit. don't start.

Apply a thin layer of azelaic acid to the affected area. Azelaic acid is a prescription acne treatment that also lightens abnormally pigmented areas of skin.

Quote Originally Posted by vencasand View Post
    don't pop any more zits!! it can leave a scar but if you dab it with salacylic acid wipes or a yogurt dab at night i think it will fade quite quickly. i used to always pop pimples. bad habit. don't start.
    Where can I get salacylic acid?

**Brenda** Female

at a local drug store. many facial products have salacylic acid. stridex pads is one, there are others. go to the acne section and read the labels. try to stay away from benzyl peroxide as that might be too drying. also walmart, target, and it seems whole foods carries everything. i don't have a whole foods market here.

Quote Originally Posted by vencasand View Post
    at a local drug store. many facial products have salacylic acid. stridex pads is one, there are others. go to the acne section and read the labels. try to stay away from benzyl peroxide as that might be too drying. also walmart, target, and it seems whole foods carries everything. i don't have a whole foods market here.
    What are the odds of this healing by itself naturally with the aid of fresh aloe Vera plant gel? I have been applying the gel for about 1 week straight and haven't seen any improvements whatsoever. Does anyone know if aloe Vera actually work? How long do I have to keep applying the gel before I see some improvements?

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful