Hybrid View

Default Please help do I have psoriasis (pics inside)

I have been suffering for a few years now.
    But recently this has gotten much worse.

My shins got a small patch of what I thought was dry skin about 4 years ago, this just grew and grew.
    I tried steriod creams that my doctor prescribed, which made them itch like crazy, but if i stopped itching (which was v difficult) and put it on twice a day after a couple of months it kind of stopped.

But about a couple of weeks later it was as before.

I have now been using a non steriod urea 10% cream called Eucerin, I have also trimmed the hair on my legs to help the cream.

I have found that the "eczema" has discoloured my skin,

Also the skin on my right hand only is now peeling & on my feet its doesnt itch but looks terrible, the pics show it on a good day, i again apply the Eucerin, and use a liquid parrafin handwash but if i dont use that to wash hands within minutes it looks like before with peeling skin.

I cant figure out of I have psoriasis eczema or fungal infection

If i dont use the Eucerin for a day or two the skin becomes almost white in appearance (due to the scratching) scabs from where excessive scratching has caused blood, and has little white pimples, which look like traditional ezcema type skin.

The pics are taken after just putting Eucerin on.

I also have a fungal infection on my right big toe, and one other toe on right foot. It looks disgusting

I have always been very hygenic, in showering etc, I dont kno0w why this is happening I am off on beach holiday and am so dreading it

Can anyone help me figure out what to do.

Thanks in advance.

**Nikki** Female

For me the pics are hard to view being so big but the last one looks similar to how my hands got when I was diagnosed with psoriasis. What my GP gave me didn't help and I only got something that did help when I saw a dermatologist. I would suggest you saw one or asked to be referred, depending what country you are in and how your medical system works.

Also, I had psoriasis on my palms and soles of my feet and they discoloured. Many people say they may never return to normal but mine did once the psoriasis cleared up completely. I don't know of a 'quick fix' but if you find something that helps stick with it. It may take some time to clear.
    Last edited by pepsimax; 08-02-2011 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Added the Also...

**** Male

1)Exposing yourself to natural sunlight.
    2)Before bathing, try to add some olive oil or dead sea salts to soothe your irritated skin.
    3)Take vitamin A,C and E.Avoid dairy products and red meat.
    4)Keeping your skin moisturized.

Sunlight doesn't help everyone with psoriasis, it some cases it can make it worse so be careful with that one. Keeping your skin hydrated will help alleviate the symptoms but will not take them away but does help with the patches being itchy.

As far as diet goes, there is no indication that this will be helpful. As psoriasis is an autoimmune disease it will only go away if it goes into remission. As with any autoimmune disease taking a steriod will take it away only while you are taking them. Once stopped the psoriasis will most likely return.

**Brenda** Female

vitamin d3 helps. my psoriasis is under control but has never completely gone. i try to keep my cream on my back, legs and arms on a regular basis but sometimes i am running late and i forget until i get to work and i start to itch. my back is so flakey when i don't use my cream, i feel like a snake shedding it's skin. my scalp is controlled by zinc shampoo. you just have to take it one day at a time. before you try the new injections of medications for psoriasis, please be aware of all the dangers that come with it. i am not willing to take the risk. even if mine spreads i wouldn't take the risk.

The way you feel, and the quality of your skin, are indicators of the quality of your health. If you want to have good skin, as well as a healthy body, eat well, sleep enough, and drink plenty of water each and everyday. If you keep all the skin care tips in mind and pay attention to which products give you the best results, you can keep your skin looking young and vibrant.