Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

**Safbrina** Female

I've had back acne for years but I alwasy get a little bit more of a breakout during the summer time. So i have to remember to scrub or wash my back a little more during this time to prevent dirt build up.

As many oil glands are concentrated in the areas like face,chest,upper arms and back.Over activity of the oil glands and blocking of the opening of the duct of oil gland by dirt can also easily cause acne so still most important thing is just regular cleaning with mild soap . In summer wearing soft, light color loose fitting clothing that can allows the air to circulate though skin and absorb the sweat easily can help to get rid of many skin problems .

Quote Originally Posted by saiyan View Post
    As many oil glands are concentrated in the areas like face,chest,upper arms and back.Over activity of the oil glands and blocking of the opening of the duct of oil gland by dirt can also easily cause acne so still most important thing is just regular cleaning with mild soap . In summer wearing soft, light color loose fitting clothing that can allows the air to circulate though skin and absorb the sweat easily can help to get rid of many skin problems .
    Hi Saiyan, you are absolutely right. Tight clothes that touch the body should be avoided when you are suffering from back acne.

**Katie** Female

I was prescribed a topical antibiotic solution that helped with my back acne. It is called Clindamycin and I use it in place of a toner. The acne is not gone - I still have clogged pores - but they don't become full-blown pimples unless I touch my back a lot.

I also started using a sulfur soap called Grandpa's Thylox Acne Treatment Soap with Sulfur. I ordered it on drugstore.com and have been pleased with it. Some people hate the smell of sulfur soap, but it doesn't bother me (hopefully I don't smell like it all day though!).

Read this Guys.

Causes of back acne

No one is certain of the cause of acne. We do know that maturation of oil glands is required. This is why we see back acne only after puberty begins. Beyond this, what leads to back acne is similar to what leads to facial acne. For some reason, acne prone individuals tend to overproduce skin cells inside of their pores which stick together and ultimately create a zit.

When speaking about back acne in particular, a particular form of acne called acne mechanica deserves mention. Acne mechanica is a fancy name for acne which is caused by irritation of the skin. Anything that repeatedly rubs against the skin, such as backpacks, rough massages, tight fitting clothing, weight lifting machines which press on the shoulder area, or anything else that rubs the back area and irritates the skin can aggravate acne in that area. Acne mechanica tends to be aggravated by moisture, so if you’re sweaty and combine that with the repeated rubbing that comes with your backpack, clothing, etc., that could make the problem worse. By simply existing as a human being, your back is going to be in contact with chairs, clothing, beds, and other people’s touch so no one will be able to remove all irritation of the skin of the back. Still, there are some simple ways you can help the situation.

Banned
    **** Male

I know that this problem is common in some peoples because of worse eating habits .... All you need to do some routine exercises and drink more and more water . Best of luck

I do have same acne on shoulder and back & i found it is because of dandruff in hairs,so if you have dandruff then try to get rid of it first.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12