Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Do I really need to use moisturiser

its summer now and i want to know do i really need to use moisturiser..If i need to use moisturiser .. What to use first, a moisturiser or a sunscreen?

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

If you are wondering whether you should stop using moisturisers in summer because it will make your skin even oilier, then don’t. It is important to moisturise your skin 365 days a year no matter what the temperature.

• Hot weather = loss of moisture
    In hot dry weather when the humidity is low, the air absorbs the water out of your skin. Similarly, in hot weather, your skin sweats and you lose lots of moisture through perspiration.

• Extreme weather = damaging effects
    Extremes of weather or alternating hot and cold can lead to broken capillaries. These damaging effects caused by the climate can be reduced by using moisturisers and facial oils as they spread a protective layer of oil on the skin, pushing nourishment and moisture into the skin while reducing evaporation of water from the skin.

Secondly Apply moisturiser first in order to give your skin appropriate nourishment. And to be protected properly from the harmful rays of the sun, follow it with sunscreen with SPF. Then wait 10 minutes and apply your make-up if you are using make-ups. If you think you will be outdoors most of the time, remember to reapply sunscreen regularly throughout the day.

i agree with mr. admin lol. even if it is humid outside, the sun is very drying to your skin, thus damages it more along with the UV rays it attacks you with.

You can let more things go and will not see that big a difference but your skin definitely needs its moisture in order to look and feel good. I would not skimp on the moisterizer. If you are concerned, get one that is hypoallergenic or oil free. They do make these. Also, drink plenty of water, it helps more than you know with keeping your skin from being dehydrated.

Quote Originally Posted by 010081 View Post
    It is important to moisturise your skin 365 days a year no matter what the temperature.
    This is very true. Do moisturize your skin everyday to keep it healthy. Like What the Admin said, I also use sunscreen after applying moisturizer everyday.

Moisturizing is crucial for daily skin care, since the skin needs moisture in summer than it needs color, sheen or gloss. Your skin which looks radiant during winter suddenly changes to oily, dull etc. in summer.

Regardless of your skin type, sunscreen should always be used over your moisturizer. But if you are too prone to sweating and have oily skin then use the sunscreen directly on your face before putting on your make up. Now-a-days most sunscreens available in the market also moisturize.

That is a neat recipe Allie. Can you mix it up and keep it in the refrigerator? Or do you have to mix it up each time you use it? A lot of things like that can spoil or can get bacteria in them if not kept cool. If you are interested in a natural preservative to lengthen the shelf life of products like this. I suggest you look into T-50 tocopherols which is a liquid Vitamin E that is used as a preservative for natural products. It keeps oils from going rancid in preparations. It is also excellent for the skin since its almost pure Vitamin E

Thanks i got it now.

I don't use moisturizer, after cleaning my skin I use O2 Serum Plus

Quote Originally Posted by lily View Post
    its summer now and i want to know do i really need to use moisturiser..If i need to use moisturiser .. What to use first, a moisturiser or a sunscreen?
    I will use a sunscreen first, then take a room temperature shower or bath, then moisturize the skin with a natural lotion containing Aloe Vera, and/or essential oils to regenerate skin like silk.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast