Default Patch testing for homemade packs.

Patch testing for any reaction is a good practice when you use anything for the first time. Most home-made packs that use fruits and lentils, fuller’s earth or curds are beneficial but harmless, as they have only natural ingredients.

Yet, some ingredients like cloves, peppers, honey can be strong and are best patch tested to be sure – especially if you are prone to allergies and reactions. To do it rightly, make the required quantity with right proportions and apply a little on the inside of your wrist. Leave for required time and wash, as directed. If there is no skin reaction, presume it to be safe for your face, or the rest of the body.

Some days ago i saw a fruit facial in the stores. I was very much exited to buy it. But after thinking about the side-effects i didn't bought it. Now i am feeling sad. Can you tell me, does herbal products do bad on our skins? i have heard that herbal products have no side-effects, is it true?

**Brenda** Female

all skins are different. you could have done a spot test to see if you could use it. everything has side effects. most are not major. always do a spot test. if it looks like a good product get it. but i can't tell you enough to do a patch test.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful