Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Do you take vitamins daily?

I have a terrible cold today so I was forced to take some vitamin C and echinecea. I don't always take vitamins daily because I feel that I don't really need them. The only supplent I need to have is the one for my skin with a combination of vitamins A, C, E, and zinc.

WHat about you guys, do you take any supplements daily? What are they?

i take vitamins daily because my doctor says its to ensure that i get my essentials for a healthy body i also take vitamin c and echinecea because my immune system is weak.

I was always told to take my vitamins everyday but I am quite hard headed and I don't take any supplements at all. I guess that's why I easily catch cold but I always forget to drink my vitamins.

Has anyone here taken the OTC zinc products that are supposed to lessen the severity of colds and also the duration? I wonder if these products really work like they say that they do. I got some Airborne and that stuff was nasty to say the least! I could not tell that it did anything for me at all.

I am taking vitamins daily and it works really well. It is quite expensive but it is worth it. I want to pamper myself in order to stay as healthy as I can be.

of course I take vitamins daily because vitamins can give me more energy and its to ensure that i get my essentials for a healthy body

I take vitamins as well but feel that we still get way more benefits if we can eat fruits and veggies that are high in vitamin C and other vitamins and minerals that we need. I eat a lot of bananas for the potassium and magnesium in them. Apples, or any type of citrus fruit is a great source of Vitamin C

To add, even though we eat healthy foods like fruits and vegetables we still cannot meet the recommended daily allowance per day. That is why we need supplementation to aid the lacking vitamins and minerals needed by our body. It is also good to buy supplements which are tested and proven to really contain what is in the label.

Quote Originally Posted by chicque View Post
    i take vitamins daily because my doctor says its to ensure that i get my essentials for a healthy body i also take vitamin c and echinecea because my immune system is weak.
    Oh I didn't know echinecea can be taken every day! It's really good for fighting a cold. When I feel the sniffles coming, I immediately take 2 tablets for a day or two. It really works because my colds never come. But sometimes when I'm a day late and I already have colds, then it's totally useless. I'll take it every now and then now that I know it's safe to take it every day.

Quote Originally Posted by skincare View Post
    To add, even though we eat healthy foods like fruits and vegetables we still cannot meet the recommended daily allowance per day. That is why we need supplementation to aid the lacking vitamins and minerals needed by our body. It is also good to buy supplements which are tested and proven to really contain what is in the label.
    Very true. We're supposed to eat 5 types of fruit and 3 types of vegetables (or vice versa) in a day. I read an article in the magazine before with a drawing of the recommended daily intake for fruits and veggies. Surprisingly, the fruits and vegetables we need every day piled up is taller than a young child!!! It really stunned me. Which is why many pharmaceutical companies have started producing supplements for our fruits and veggies. I never bought one though because I feel healthy even without eating enough fruits and veggies.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast