Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Smooth skin without creams & oils.

Due to lack of proper secretions in our body and with harsh elements of the nature around us, the skin appears to become dry and dull.

Take the case of mine. I live in an industrial environment. When I use body creams, my skin becomes too greasy and if I use nothing, it becomes dry and seems to have scales. When I scratch, it leaves ugly marks on my body.

How can I ensure smooth skin without using rich creams and oils?

You need to use natural ingredients that are transdermal. This means they do not just lie on top of the skin but penetrate below the epidermis. Shea butter is very good for this. If you can find the unrefined, it has the best qualities. Some people do not like the nutty smell, if that is the case get the cosmetic refined shea. If you cannot find it where you are, I do know of some suppliers who I have purchased from.
    It has so many good uses that its really good to have on hand all the time.

Try looking for "acrylates copolymer" when buying a facial wash or moisturizer. This is usually referred to as "AC" to simplify the name. It acts to absorb oil and release glycerin to moisturize dry and irritated skin. It's a great discovery by some scientists that I think works.

i know this will be a hard advice to follow, especially in today's societal habits, but refraining from bathing or showering even for a day allows your own body's natural oils to replenish, and you won't be as dry.

Quote Originally Posted by Starchild47 View Post
    You need to use natural ingredients that are transdermal. This means they do not just lie on top of the skin but penetrate below the epidermis. Shea butter is very good for this. If you can find the unrefined, it has the best qualities. Some people do not like the nutty smell, if that is the case get the cosmetic refined shea. If you cannot find it where you are, I do know of some suppliers who I have purchased from.
    It has so many good uses that its really good to have on hand all the time.
    it's a very good suggestion. I feel the application of shea butter will definitely help me because some oil goes deeper into the skin. How often I should apply shea butter? I have plan to oil my body before a shower so that only a minimal amount will remain on the body.

I use shea butter or a preparation with it included at least twice a day. I feel that we need that especially as we get older and our skin is not as pliant or hydrated as it was in our younger years. You really don't have to worry about it being all that oily on your skin as it sinks in very quickly. I massage the butter into my skin for about a minute and then less than 10 minutes later its no longer oily feeling or greasy. My skin just feels soft and supple

**clara kim** Female

Quote Originally Posted by Starchild47 View Post
    I use shea butter or a preparation with it included at least twice a day. I feel that we need that especially as we get older and our skin is not as pliant or hydrated as it was in our younger years. You really don't have to worry about it being all that oily on your skin as it sinks in very quickly. I massage the butter into my skin for about a minute and then less than 10 minutes later its no longer oily feeling or greasy. My skin just feels soft and supple
    For shea butter is it better to use refined or unrefined?

Maybe you can try argan oil, its oil but light and easily absorbed to skin and keeps skin soft and hydrated. I have just started using it for few weeks and my skin is moistured and glow! Also you can use argan oil on body and hair.

**Sarena** Female

Smile Natural Tips to remove pimples

Say goodbye to pimples, naturally!

GARLIC

Take one clove of garlic. Slice it and apply the juice on your pimple. Let it dry and wash it off after half an hour. This works well in case of an occasional pimple or two. It is likely to cause mild irritation.

NEEM LEAVES+TURMERIC

Wash and grind a cup of neem leaves with a few teaspoons of water, and add a pinch of turmeric. Store this in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. Once a week, evenly apply the paste onto your face and wash it off the next morning. Neem and turmeric both have antibacterial properties, and also help control oil secretion.

SANDALWOOD PASTE

You can either get yourself a sandalwood stick or powder. Use rosewater to make a paste and apply a thin coat on your face. Leave it on overnight and rinse with warm water. Sandalwood too is known to have antibacterial properties. It also regulates oil secretion.

**Nikki** Female

Quote Originally Posted by kimclara View Post
    For shea butter is it better to use refined or unrefined?
    Unrefined as refining it can strip it of its main properties.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast