Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Skin without sunshine.

When we change our body clock, everything from skin care to health needs a little extra work and planning. In artificial light, skin does not get any sunshine and if it does that too is not good for skin. That happens in my case.

In my profession I often do work at night. My skin care goes haywire as a result. When should I do the night treatment if I’m working at night?

I believe we all need to have a little exposure to the sun each day. Just like with babies, they need to get out and bask in the sun at around 7 in the morning so they'd be pink and beautiful.

I think it's best to enjoy the natural sun and not go for artificial lighting or other treatments. Even if you work at night, you could still enjoy a little sun exposure around 7 in the morning, can't you?

I've tried working at night for 2 weeks and I did not like it at all. It is very difficult for me to adjust. If going out for a break in the morning is not possible then you can do it at weekends or your day off.

a family member works the night shift, and her skin is very very very dry. and she has been doing this for over ten years, and everytime she goes out in the sun even for ten minutes without sunscreen, she breaks out in rashes.

its scary.

Medical research has been done on this. Our bodies have a natural built in rhythm that tells us it is time to be up with the sun and to sleep at night time. Those of us who have worked nights can be aware that it really messes not just with our skin but with our body clocks. People who work nights are more prone to headaches, migraines, TMJ problems, sleep disorders, stomach problems, and the list goes on and on.

**** Female

Red face Yes, we need SUN!!!

Sun cannot be our best friend when we talk about anti-aging... however, we DO need to be under the sun everyday for a little while since it helps creating Vit. D in our body! You can take Vit. D suppliments but it is just not the same...

A big HAT and sunscreen are The Best Friend of me for a looooooong time
    we focus on providing GREAT detox, slimming, anti-aging products
    www.vlns-spa.com

I agree... As bad is prolonged unprotected sun exposure, so important is it the sun for the skin. Just make sure you slather on a good sunscreen!

I disagree. Avoid the sun as much as possible and cover up when in it. It's too easy to take vitamin D3.

**** Female

Red face Light Theraphy

What do you think about Light Theraphy/Dermal Light Treatment?

I personally like it bacause it does make my skin look tighter and healthier.
    I am using RED light since i have a very dry skin.

Try BLUE light if you have OILY skin.
    If your skin is Normal or combination, try WHITE light!
    5 to 10 minutes is more than enought per treatment!!!!!
    we focus on providing GREAT detox, slimming, anti-aging products
    www.vlns-spa.com

**** Female

I prefer natural over anything else. Same applies to light. Just get some sun for about 20-30 minutes a day and you'll get vitamin D, which prevents depression.

Hi aliva,

Here are some tips to help take care of your skin especially if you work at night.
    Late Nights, Night Shift Work and Skin Care Secrets

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

About DermaTalk

DermaTalk is an Skin Care Advice forum and message board dedicated to people for sharing Skin related issues and experiences with community members and get suggestions from expert.

Quick Links

Stay Connected

Twitter Facebook RSS Feed