Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Helpful tips for sensitive skin:

Maintain skin's natural moisture – dehydrated skin is more vulnerable to immune responses, infections, sun damage, and sub-clinical irritation. Layering moisturizing formulas helps seal in moisture and forms a nourishing, protective shield.

Eat well. Nutrition plays an important role. Vegetables and fruit –foods with higher water content and vitamin sources – help maintain healthy skin.

Hydrate all day long. Make sure to drink plenty of water every day.

Avoid spicy foods, and caffeinated or alcoholic drinks that may be too stimulating.

Use concentrated moisturizers to counteract time spent indoors with forced air heating or air conditioning.

MrsJ I am the same way! Except that my itching and dryness isn't its worst just in the Fall to Winter change, but with EVERY seasonal change. It's quite irritating. I also suffered from sensitive skin most of my life, especially in my younger years. I have been told I have psoriasis, eczema, severe dry skin etc. but the commonalities I have recognized are that 1) I can't do fragranced anything - except perfume and even then when it lands on my bare skin (usually my chest area) I get little red dots for awhile. 2)Dove and Aveeno and Nivea Soft are the only products I can do that don't bug my skin and still keep me as moisturized as I need. As a general rule I avoid fragrance, petroleum, mineral oil, and sulfate soaps.

Quote Originally Posted by allie01 View Post
    I am not a beauty expert, but I am frequently told that I have really good skin. In my experience good skin comes from a wholesome, nutrient-rich diet, 8 hours of sleep each night, drinking plenty of water and keeping my energy body clea
    I do agree with you. Having proper nutritious diet is the most essential part to get the good skin. We are what we eat. Water helps to replenish skin tissues, moisturizes skin and increases skin elasticity.

I also have so sensitive skin almost face much pimples in summer.... any one have good brand which can give me solution of my problem?
    Last edited by y34963; 10-24-2011 at 08:11 PM. Reason: removed link

I think its best to start with the basics and if it doesn't help move to harder stuff. Basics should include things like avoid hot water, use lukewarm instead. Use mild enough soap. Also avoid rubbing your skin too much when washing it/drying it/ doing whatever to it also moisturize your skin.
    Proper nutrition is also essential.

After basic care observe your skin and see how it is. Be sure you aren't getting any allergic reactions from your cosmetics.

If you have sensitive skin, stop using unnamed products, it might irritate your sensitive skin, before using any products consult a expert dermatologist!

Looking for a new skin care range for dry sensitive skin, in the mid price range. I need a cleanser, toner and moistouriser. What could you reccommend? Please dont say clinique as i dont suit their skin care, and olay brings me out in a rash. Can you reccommend anything other than that?

Proper care for sensitive skin is most important and use natural products to get rid of any problem to this skin type that will suits the skin.

If you have a sensitive skin you should never try any cosmetic products on your skin unless your doctor tells you so. It is important that before trying any product you should consult a skin professional first.

for sensitive skin , you should use natural skin care remedy that help you, other than using any type of market available product.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast