Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    **Brenda** Female

Default i keep trying!!!

to update you on my psoriasis i have used steroid creams and lotions, i have used every shampoo, head and shoulders with zinc, selson blue with salycilic acid, coal tar shampoo, and now i am using head and shoulders intensive care shampoo with selenium sulfate. i used each for a month and while they seemed to work for a while nothing was helping. i haven't finished my selenium sufate shampoo but it is so far the best. now on my body i used triamcinolone that didn't help much, i did try the aloe propolis cream that Natural Organics said would help and it did. i wish i could buy a vat of this cream but the 4 oz tube only lasted 2weeks and i couldn't afford more. now i am back to Palmers cocoa butter lotion. it soothes it and lasts for over 8 hrs so i guess i will continue on until i find a miracle. i have been taking a royal jelly propolis and bee pollen capsule to boost my immune system. this does double duty because here it is flu season. so that is it. i will stick with the present combo until i get more ideas. i will let you know. thanks for listening.

Banned
    **** Female

Default Psoriasis...

Psoriasis is an autoimmune disorder of the skin results in hyper proliferation of the skin. It is a chronic skin disease characterized by dry skin and raised, rough, red areas on the skin covered with fine silvery scales. Psoriasis non-infectious and it is often seen in people between 15 to 40 yrs of age.

**Brenda** Female

my psoriasis is almost gone on my arms. my leg lesions are down 75%!!! i started taking vitamin d3 and still using rosehips and hibiscus scar cream. i am just totally amazed. my personal live is still in shreds so i know it isn't the stress level got better! it has to be the vit d3 and the cream. thanks everyone for your support.

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

Thanks a good news Brenda, i'm happy to see it has worked for you. Yea psoriasis usually decreases or sometimes almost goes away in summer, may be it has something to do with high sun exposure during summer. Anyway, lets hope everything will go as expected and won't come back.

**Brenda** Female

i had it so bad last summer i felt like a snake shedding my skin. i am hoping it is the vit.d3and the cream. i will continue to post updates.

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

yup do update about your condition. Not every treatment works same on the person so continue what works best on you.

My doctor has put me on Prednisone and Azathioprine because of my immune system is misbehaving again and attacking me. The positive thing I have noticed on the outside are that my Psoriasis is gone. They weren't all that bad that last few years anyway. I am sure they will return when I am taken off of the Prednisone unless the Azathiorpine will keep them at bay, keeping my figures crossed that it will.

Quote Originally Posted by vencasand View Post
    my psoriasis is almost gone on my arms. my leg lesions are down 75%!!! i started taking vitamin d3 and still using rosehips and hibiscus scar cream. i am just totally amazed. my personal live is still in shreds so i know it isn't the stress level got better! it has to be the vit d3 and the cream. thanks everyone for your support.
    Congrats for the improvement of your psoriasis recovery.

The cause of psoriasis is not fully understood, but it is believed to have a genetic component and local psoriatic changes can be triggered by an injury to the skin known as Koebner phenomenon. Various environmental factors have been suggested as aggravating to psoriasis including stress, withdrawal of systemic corticosteroid, excessive alcohol consumption, and smoking but few have shown statistical significance.There are many treatments available, but because of its chronic recurrent nature psoriasis is a challenge to treat.

My mom uses Blushers and Flushers for her issues and it seems to work well for her skin type( blonde blue eyes) Good luck!!

Hi Debbie,
    Could you give us more info on Blushers and Flushers? I would be interested in knowing more. Tks,

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

About DermaTalk

DermaTalk is an Skin Care Advice forum and message board dedicated to people for sharing Skin related issues and experiences with community members and get suggestions from expert.

Quick Links

Stay Connected

Twitter Facebook RSS Feed