Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Need A Face Wash Recipe

My skin is just oily which means that it does not happen to produce excessive oil nor it is free from such secretions. This leads to problems of acne and eruptions at times. I use a chemical based Face Wash to cleanse the facial surface. However, my skin becomes extremely dry post usage.

I want a Face Wash recipe which is prepared from natural ingredients. I would also like to know how I can store the formulation so that it can be used for a long time.

**Kitty Qing** Female

Default a good way to release your face skin

I have one good way, maybe you can try it. Firstly you need to clean your face thoroughly, then papare a washbasin with boiled water. You can steam your face by the hot steam for several minutes then cover your face for three minutes with a big towel. At that time, your pores are all open and released the dirty things. At last, put the toner, essence, facial cream on your face. You will feel very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty Qing View Post
    I have one good way, maybe you can try it. Firstly you need to clean your face thoroughly, then papare a washbasin with boiled water. You can steam your face by the hot steam for several minutes then cover your face for three minutes with a big towel. At that time, your pores are all open and released the dirty things. At last, put the toner, essence, facial cream on your face. You will feel very well.

Kitty Qing thanks for that but I need something that I can apply on my skin.

Serena, do you use a moisturizer on your face after you wash it?

Quote Originally Posted by y34963 View Post
    Serena, do you use a moisturizer on your face after you wash it?
    Yes I do. However, the end result is still the same. Those unwanted skin eruptions keep on appearing. I was wondering whether milk can be a natural moisturizer?

**Kitty Qing** Female

Hi Serena, yes, milk is indeed a natural moisturizer. You can cover your face with milk till it is absorbed by your face totally. Then wash your face. According to my experience, the yoghourt is better than milk. Maybe you can try because it is totally natural and will not hurt your skin.

**** Female

For Dry Skin:

4 tsp. Borage Herb (starflower) – relieves dry skin

2 drops Chamomile Essential Oil – softens skin

2 drops Sandalwood Essential Oil – moisturizes dry skin

For Oily Skin

4 tsp Yarrow Flowers – has astringent effect

2 drops Juniper Essential Oil – a tonic for oily skin

2 drops Rosemary Essential Oil – has astringent effect

You can add your favorite essentail oils for your desired fragrance maybe a drop will do…Add the herbs to the hot water and let simmer for a few minutes, and then add the drops of essential oils right before the steam.

When the homemade facial steam is ready, lean over the bowl and covers your head with the towel to capture the steam. Remain for 10-15 minutes.

After the steam, allow the face to cool down and dab the skin with a organic lotion, then proceed with your skin care regimen.

I hope this helps somehow.

This simple recipe is great to all skin types and has an amazing shelf life. I highly recommend that you try out this homemade, natural face cleanser.

Rosemary and Mint Glycerin Cleanser

1 ounce (29g) glycerin (vegetable based is best)
    2 ounce (60ml) liquid Castile soap
    1 ounce (30ml) water
    1/2 ounce (15ml) witch hazel
    1 drop rosemary extract
    1 drop mint extract
    Mix together and store in a plastic or glass bottle. Label with name and date.

Shelf Life: 3 to 6 months.

**Carol Belanger** Female

consider a toner after cleansing to restore ph balance. Also had a simple scrub to your cleanser such as corn meal to exfoliate If your skin is to dry after cleansing switch to a non-foaming cleanser. Also consider a homemade facial mask. Visit Complete Skin Care Therapy for some recipes

**** Female

Quote Originally Posted by Serena View Post
    My skin is just oily which means that it does not happen to produce excessive oil nor it is free from such secretions. This leads to problems of acne and eruptions at times. I use a chemical based Face Wash to cleanse the facial surface. However, my skin becomes extremely dry post usage.

I want a Face Wash recipe which is prepared from natural ingredients. I would also like to know how I can store the formulation so that it can be used for a long time.
    You can do this face wash recipe:
    Beat the yolk of an egg until it is light and frothy, add a half cup of milk and the mashed half of a ripe peeled avocado. Blend until you have a thin cream or lotion-like consistency. Use it as you would with a normal cleansing product. Since the formula is perishable, we suggest making it for 1 - 2 uses only and storing in the refrigerator between use.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast