Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

**** Female

Default Weight loss surgery

I'm 27 years old female from mumbai india. I'm extremely worried with my over weight. I tried many times to loose weight and did succeed but i again regain weight immediately. One of my friends suggested me to try a surgery to loose weight gradually over a year or half. I would like to know if there are any surgery when you gradually loose weight over years. Will that actually help in my age ? Whats your opinion.

you are still young why would you try surgery, you can exercise regular that will help. If you really need to do surgery then i think there is liposuction but i don't suggest at this age, you are still young and you can try loosing weight naturally.

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

Well there are many weight reduction methods like marymary said one of the effective is exercise and right diet. Besides that there are some weight reduction surgery,medically called Bariatric surgery. These includes Gastric Bypass,gastric banding,Gastric Sleeve Surgery,Duodenal Switch,Transoral Gastroplasty.

Before taking any decision its important to know that there are many pros and cons of these surgery and some are still controversy..Talk to your doctor about these issue if you are willing to..

Normally, In these types of surgery your stomach is made smaller either by closing or removing a part of your stomach which limits the holding capacity of food and make you feel full. Another way is removing a part of intestine so complete digestion of food doesn't take place resulting is malabsorption.

So the main propose of these types of surgery is that they either reduce the stomach capacity or interfere with food absorption.

There is also a non surgical but temporary method that might reduce your food intake. In these method a balloon is inserted in the stomach with the help of endoscope. This makes your stomach full even you are taking small amount of food.This can be kept for around six months.

So if you are not so obese then changing in lifestyles with regular exercise and right diet will help. You can try body countering surgeries like liposuction or liposculpting which will reduce the excess fat from desire part of your body.

Again i would like to point out that weight loss surgery might lead to serious complications like chronic nutritional deficiencies, gallstones,abdominal hernias or even intestinal breakdown and severe infection. So Before making a decision, talk to your doctor about the pros and cos in details.

Thanks

**** Female

yes i tried exercise and many other methods but no success, thats why i need to know other options. Non surgical temporary methods looks interesting, Are there any side effects of it ?

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

there are not much complications.. you can see more details here:
    http://www.gastrointestinalatlas.com...c_balloon.html

Banned
    **** Male

An regularly exercising helps in losing weight but can take a longer time. An Tummy tuck surgery is the best way to reduce the weight and the body fat . These remove the fat faster and promote an skinny tight body. The Tummy tuck surgery is the best for weight lose. To know more about the Tummy tuck surgery just visit to [url removed].
    Last edited by Dr.Deepak; 09-15-2011 at 12:39 AM. Reason: repetitive self promotion...

Bariatric Surgery is good for weight loss. There are many types of surgeries like Gastric Bypass, Gastric Sleeve, Gastric Banding and many more. But we have to take too much care after surgery. All surgery have there side effects also. After that we have to change our eating habits. For any surgery first of all take advice from Bariatric Surgeon and then go for it.

Weight loss surgery is a very serious undertaking. Before you make up your mind on performing this surgery, make sure that you talk to your doctor about benefits and risk related to it.

If your body mass index is over 40, you are considered as obese and this makes you a likely candidate for weight loss surgery. For people are overly obese, the risk of having diseases-or possibly-death- as a result of their condition would be greater than the complications that may result after undergoing a weight loss surgery. In these instances, where weight loss surgery may be the best option, there is no harm in having it done.

**Brenda** Female

i know a couple who had the surgery done. she became huge after having triplets and her husband was always heavy so they did it together. i just stare at both of them because they look so good. they eat healthy now and they look amazing. i think they had the plastic ring put on the opening to the stomach. don't know for sure. the triplets are in school now!!!

If a person gets surgery they must be able to make life changing changes to their eating habits. That is paramount otherwise dangerous consequences will arise. If you are willing to do that then the surgery will more than likely be a success. If you are not willing to stop over eating, eating badly, etc. you are asking for problems.

There are programs that make the patient eat properly for a year before doctors will even consider surgery. I think this is a very good idea so that bad habits may go away and they are dedicated to changing.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast