Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default PLEASE HELP!!!! itchy, cracked skin in butt crack

hello all. i'm in need of some help and i'm a bit worried about this. ok, i've been suffering from an itchy butt crack/anus area for some time now. usually if i put something down there, like lanacaine or gold bond anti itch, it will usually calm down. so i got the urge to itch last night and i was able to get in front of a mirror and look at my butt crack. what i saw stunned me!! my anus looks normal but the skin above my anus and below the top of my butt crack is cracked and a white color!! what can i do? i don't think its an STD(i've get checked once a year, regardless). i've been reading some stuff about yeast infection of the butt crack for men. if so, what does that look like? can can i try to get rid of it? can you use like an anti fungal cream on it, like the stuff for atheletes foot? thanks for helping me out. i appreciate it!!

could it possibly be eczema or psoriasis of the butt crack? i've been looking more into the causes. what can i use?

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

Most possible it could be dermatitis with yeast infection, which is quite common. Especially when you suffering any gastro-intestinal problems.

Treatment first would be taking anti-itching medications like Cetrizine HCL (CTZ) or Fexofenadine HCL( Allegra) so it won't itch thus preventing you further irritation by self scratching the areas. Just make sure to gently clean and dry the anus thoroughly. Topical treatment for symptomatic relief would be Local anesthetics like you are using (lanacaine) or use calamine lotion locally for soothing cool effect.

For treatment you can use ointments or shampoos containing selenium sulfide, ketoconazole, cotrimazole. See if it helps. If the itching still persist Doctor consultation is necessary to rule out if any underlying cause.

thaanks so much for writing back. i do have a question. i started to notice the itching problem when i lost my job last oct. could sitting down all day have something to do with it? also, i do drink a lot of soda, mostly diet. could that be a cause as well? what if i eliminate the soda? do you think that might help?also where do i find those ointments and shampoos OTC? or do those have to be a prescription? thanks agian

also, could an antifungal for atheletes foot work?

i think its due to more stress you might have gone through.

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

you can use these shampoo, creams and gels without prescription..yea antifungal for atheletes foot would work just try it. if the condition doesn't improve consult your doc.
    Last edited by Dr.Saiyan; 10-03-2012 at 05:03 PM.

Prolonged sitting keeps the groin moist and may thus aggravate yeast infection. Wearing comfortable airy clothes and keeping an artea dry is a must when you want to get rid of groin yeast. It is called a jock itch - just to help in finding appropriate ointment.

I sell a very good itching cream and skin healing cream in one, I sell it for $25.00 including shipping, it works on my son's eczema very well, stops itching instantly. You can contact me at shebanaz1@aol.com

**Zenisha Sherchan** Female

Quote Originally Posted by oshani View Post
    I sell a very good itching cream and skin healing cream in one, I sell it for $25.00 including shipping, it works on my son's eczema very well, stops itching instantly. You can contact me at shebanaz1@aol.com
    What does your cream contains? i mean ingredients.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast