Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Herbal Remedy For Seborrheic Keratosis

I have seborrheic keratosis on my skin. i was wondering if there is any herbal remedy that can get rid of this. waiting for your reply.

**Zenisha Sherchan** Female

I don't think there is any herbal remedy to get rid of them. it can be surgically removed by a plastic surgeon.
    Last edited by Ashu; 05-13-2009 at 01:36 PM.

Thank you ashma for your fast reponse. Aren't there any creams or medicine besides surgery that can remove. So what are the surgical options ?

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

Seborrheic keratoses can be removed by curettage, cryosurgery or electrosurgery.
    Ointments,Creams,or other medication can neither cure nor prevent seborrheic keratoses.

so my option is only surgery. My clothes irritates it . what can i do for this please.

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

yup, surgery is the option. If your clothes irritates it, you can cover it with an adhesive bandage to prevent rubbing and irritation.

thank you deepak . are there any complications ? will it occur again? what are the precautions must i take ?

waiting for your reply.

hey tracy i also have it and planning for surgery. i'm also interested in learning about it.

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

if you get it removed,your doctor will give you suggestions how to care for the wound as it heals. You need to clean the area regularly and apply some antibiotic ointment to prevent further infection. There are not much complications, but they can itch and rub or catch on clothing, thereby becoming inflamed. so you need to apply some bandage to cover it for sometime. seborrheic keratoses are benign so they are not danger to an individual's health.

Often referred to as "barnacles of life," "wisdom spots," "age spots," or even mistakenly as "warts," seborrheic keratoses (SK) are the most common non-cancerous growth to develop in association with aging skin. These incredibly superficial growths form from the outermost layer of the skin, the epidermis. And while considered annoying and often unsightly, the seborrheic keratosis may not be so senile after all. A look at a random group of Australians proved SKs are not the sole domain of the mature set. An impressive 23.5% of those between the tender ages of 15-30 years also had at least a single SK. Despite this myth busting info, the statistics support that maturity goes hand in hand with the seborrheic keratosis. By the age of 75, another look at those Australians revealed 100% sported at least one "wisdom spot."

SKs certainly aren't limited to those living Down Under. Similar U.S. studies would suggest that given time, everyone will find an SK lurking on the skin. And by the way, gender plays no favorites; men and women are equally affected.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast