**** Female

Default How do you handle a bee sting?

It must have happened with you at one point of time. How do you handle a bee sting on your skin? Do you keep on scratching and erode your skin? Or immediately go for an anti-histamine tablet? I have done the first thing many times when I was a kid, and that has resulted in spread of the whole poison around that area giving me big swollen hand as I am allergic to them. What about you? I will say, you should not scratch it even when there is a lot itching and take some medicine immediately.

**Zenisha Sherchan** Female

I had once, all you need is wash the area you have been stung with soap and under running water for about one or two minutes.After that apply some ice to the affected area. This will help it from becoming swollen.Apply a pain reliever to the affected area.After that go to see doc... just talking anti-histamine might not be suggested always take prescription when taking anti-histamine..

i haven't been stung by a bee before, but my friend has and she took pain medication like tylenol, and applied cooling gel to it, as well as anti itch creams so that it won't bother her as much

first of all rub the area where you get a bee sting with something made up of iron to stop venom from spreading and then careful with your wound and do not scratch your skin exessively.

Some quick and easy ways to relieve a bee sting are, first make sure that the stinger is not still in the skin. If it is present do not pull it out straight but at a 45 degree angle sort of scrape it off the skin. This prevents release of the rest of the venom sack into the skin.

Wash it with warm water and soap, then you can make a paste of baking soda or meat tenderizer with water. Apply this to the bee sting and it will relieve the pain and swelling very quickly.
    Meat tenderizer works because a bee's venom is protein and the tenderizer breaks down the proteins.
    A bee keeper also told me that honey is great for stings as it soothes and also breaks down the protein in the venom as well.

Watch for increased redness or swelling or any signs of anaphylactic shock if this occurs get medical attention immediately.

Great quick tips you have there, Starchild. What are some examples of meat tenderizers? We don't use meat tenderizer at home so I don't have any idea on the brand names of meat tenderizers. Hoping for your reply on my query.

When I was a kid, I picked some beautiful red flowers from our backyard without knowing that there were bees enjoying these flowers as well. Two of the bees stung me and I was crying because of pain. Our maid did something really gross but it actually stopped the sting. She scratched her teeth and placed the white thingies (she didn't brush her teeth that morning yet) on my skin. Disgusting, I know but it was remarkably effective.

The most well known one here is Adolphs' Meat Tenderizer. I find it under the store label and its a lot less expensive. Seasoning salt if you can find it in the spice section at your market works well too. Both of these are in that section. Hope this helps

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful