PDA

View Full Version : I am trying something different.

vencasand
02-19-2009, 01:50 PM
i went to the doctors yesterday for a check up. i mentioned the psoriasis on my scalp. she gave me a steroid spray that i haven't started using yet. i will let you know how it works. also i have been using a steroid cream on my legs where my bad breakouts are. after i apply the steroid cream and allow it to dry i apply palmers cocoa butter lotion really thick all over. day one went well no itching. same with day two. i will let you know how this works in a couple of weeks. looks like i am going to have to buy the cocoa butter by the gallon!!!

Dr.Deepak
02-19-2009, 07:17 PM
yup keep updating so we could know if any reaction and how will be the successful results with it.. thankx.

vencasand
08-31-2009, 01:56 PM
well this didn't work out well for me. i am still trying different products and i will keep you updated. head and shoulders with zinc helped very little. now coal tar shampoo and lotion. i don't want to use steroid creams if i don't have to. i am half way through my bottles of coal tar stuff. some improvement but nothing close to making it go away. coal tar also has some bad side effects. not me yet but the directions kinda scare you.

Dr.Deepak
09-01-2009, 07:23 PM
So how severe is it, for mild cases just tar shampoo might work wonder but if the involvement is severe the first step is to remove the scales then apply something that can inhibit their reformation. So what we can do is apply some keratolytics agents containing salicylic acid and sulphur or urea which are available over the counter. This can be applied and left overnight and in the morning use tar shampoo. Repeat the same procedure until all scales are decreased. After the scales have been minimum then you can replace with steroids cream.. yea tar application might aggravate acne and folliculitis.

vencasand
09-02-2009, 12:15 PM
the coal tar shampoo actually removes the scales. and i use a net scrubby on my legs, arms and back. the scales go daily with my shower. i can't see my scalp. but i can feel the scales after a few hours. i am giving the coal tar till the end of my bottles. i also ordered a product made by bees to take internally. it has bee pollen 600mg, royal jelly 200mg and propulis200mg. i hear it can help the immune system to help itself. don't know if it is true but i will let you know after taking this. i used to take bee pollen all the time but it got so expensive. only bee places make their own. my hair used to be beautiful and so was my skin while i was taking this but that was when i was young and it might have been a coincidence. i will let you know.