PDA

View Full Version : what skin products do you use throught day??

silentking
02-17-2009, 01:21 PM
Hey everyone, i just wanted to know what exactly u use during
day, moisturizer, sunblock or toner? because i am very confused what
to use..since i dont have much knowledge about skin care.
please suggest.
And i want to stop using soap. What alternative is there?

Ashu
02-20-2009, 06:56 AM
i use the products from Garnier sunblock during day. and garnier toner during days..

for soap i love Dove moisturizing soap.. you can try it.

Natural Elements
02-24-2009, 04:39 PM
I use Kukui cream and kukui lotion the best products made in Hawaii that is natural and restore dammaged and dry skin.

mimico
02-26-2009, 01:55 AM
I wash my face first with my favorite anti-acne wash: Benzac AC made by Galderma. And then sometimes I use a toner (Pond's) or just skip it depending on how oily my skin is. Then I moisturize if my skin is dry, or just apply sunscreen if it feels okay. I have several sunscreens at home ranging from SPF 25 to SPF 45. If I'm heading out the entire day, I'll use a primer on my face (Smashbox) then a foundation (Revlon right now but thinking of switching to Kanebo), some blush (Revlon) and loose powder (Sax) then I'm ready to go! :)

jstevenson
02-27-2009, 10:00 PM
I usually avoid using skin products.

Ashu
03-01-2009, 12:34 PM

So don't you use any skin products.. your skin must be very good then.

marilynnsyrett
03-02-2009, 10:21 AM

I don't think using absolutely no skin care products is a good idea. Even if your skin is really good, it may only remain so in normal conditions. You would obviously need moisturizers in the cold winter months.

Don't you use sunscreen even? Sun damage is not evident immediately. But it shows in due course of time when it's pretty late to reverse the damage.

Starchild47
03-03-2009, 08:58 PM
I agree no products is almost akin to skin abuse. Your skin needs moisture especially in harsh weather and extreme temperatures. You need to protect your skin from the sun or you will pay for that later as well. You need to keep your skin cleansed and free of oil and stuff clogging your pores too.

alldaymakeup
03-10-2009, 12:48 PM
I use SeneGence :
3n1 Cleanser
Climate Control
Daytime MOisturizer
SeneSerum C
Night Cream
Eye Wrinkle Cream

Starchild47
03-12-2009, 05:23 AM
All day do you use the first three products in the morning then the last three at night? I am curious as to how you work through that regimen.

alldaymakeup
03-13-2009, 08:11 PM
AM:

3n1 Cleanser
Climate Control
Daytime moisturizer

PM:
3n1 Cleanser
Climate Control
Vitamin C Serum
NIght MOisturizer
eye cream

ITs really quick and simple, and it works!

melaniewest
03-17-2009, 05:28 PM
After washing my wash with a simple liquid cleanser, I use moisturizing serum, then sunscreen, then a little makeup. I reapply sunscreen several times during the day.

Starchild47
03-18-2009, 12:34 PM
Melanie you are a girl after my own heart very simple and sweet! Thanks for sharing your routine.

mattaff
03-19-2009, 03:43 AM
I use a facial scrub in the morning very small amount of garnier moisturiser during the day and good quality facial scrub at night. Not a spot in sight. (touch wood)

marilynnsyrett
03-19-2009, 10:15 AM
I use a facial scrub in the morning very small amount of garnier moisturiser during the day and good quality facial scrub at night. Not a spot in sight. (touch wood)

You scrub ur face twice a day??? Darling.. excessive exfolaition can do more harm than good. It can scrape of the natural moisture and cells along with the dead skin cells and leave the skin dry and susceptible to damage. You may notice the damage after some time..

Limit your exfoliation to twice or thrice a week and not more than that!

Starchild47
03-19-2009, 08:57 PM
I agree with Marilyn scrubbing too much is not good you are scrubbing away new healthy cells that your skin is trying to form! Cleansing twice a day is good but scrubbing should not be done but once or twice a week even for oily skin.

marilynnsyrett
03-20-2009, 09:35 AM
Yeah.. And one more thing that you should remember is to use skin care products that cater to your particular skin type. If you have oily skin, you should use a mild oil-free cleanser preferably in gel base. On the other hand, if you have dry skin, creamy cleansers will do you good!

alldaymakeup
03-20-2009, 12:43 PM
The SeneGence cleanser and exoliator I use removes oil without stripping the skin and it gently and effectively removes dirt and bacteria, its detergent free to help maintain moisture content and restores pH levels. I use it twice a day as it does not strip my skin.

KyleYoung
03-20-2009, 08:05 PM
Currently I use a spf 25 sunblock. I also use Wal-mart cheap lotion for my dry, dry hands. I find it interesting how many products you all use, now I feel left out!

Starchild47
03-21-2009, 06:34 PM
Kyle I hate to say this but the cheap Walmart lotions are a waste of time and money all they do is coat your hands with water and mineral oil. Look at the ingredients some time.Spend a little more and get actual good ingredients that are transdermal that go beneath the skin to nourish it to get rid of dry skin.

shona
03-24-2009, 08:57 PM
I just use the vitamin E line from body shop i think it works really well with my skin. You need to find products that work for you, everyones skin is different and you may react to certain lines.

pratichap1993
11-17-2016, 06:16 AM
You should try Belo Paraben free products. They have a good line of products. Their products are specialized in whiteing your skin. :):):)

stellabell
11-26-2016, 04:01 PM
instead of using products, i often eat avocado. Because as far as i know Perhaps one of the most popular health benefits of avocados is its effects on the skin condition.

With a richness of nutrients, avocados play an essential role in the treatment of dry or damaged skin.

It is common to make use of avocado oils to stimulate the production of collagen, helping your skin cells repair and regrow themselves.

In the current market, there are many products using avocados as the main ingredient to make our skin glowing.

In addition, carotenoids present in avocados are effective to prevent bad effects of harmful sunrays.

C.InstaNatural
11-29-2016, 08:19 PM
Definitely wear sunscreen everyday, the sun ages the skin. They type of skincare products to use daily will vary depending on your skin type and you needs whether it's anit-aging, hydration, acne fighting, etc. For general upkeep I recommend the Vitamin C Serum, Moisturizer and Cleanser from InstaNatural. Vitamin C helps to lighten, brighten and tighten skin. It's a really great place to start if you want to expand your skincare routine.

addisoncave
12-05-2016, 07:08 AM
which moisturiser is best?

ElStevenson
02-28-2017, 01:42 AM
I only use Olay products. They are good to my skin and it does not irritate. If you are looking for skin care products, it really depends on how sensitive your skin is. Our skin may react differently to different products. I also suggest organic products like Manuka honey from Purao.Global.

AshleySawyer
03-10-2017, 01:17 PM
I use face mask for all of my face problems. But also of course I wash my face with water frequently daily.

Abners
08-17-2017, 05:55 AM
Sunblock and lotion. I apply sunblock on face because my dermatologist insists on it, and the lotion on my body because I hate the dry skin feeling. I add a bit at a time, especially on my elbows and hands.