PDA

View Full Version : Surgical Removal Of Acne Acar

james2008
07-03-2008, 05:01 PM
My doctor has advice me to do a surgical removal of my acne scar.So before going to doctor i would like to know what are the methods of surgical removal of scar.Please do suggest how they really work.

Dr.Deepak
07-03-2008, 06:35 PM
There are few surgical treatments for acne scar.But before surgical procedure do discuss the risks thoroughly with your surgeon.Infections and color changes,additional scarring, skin thinning are always a risk.And discuss regarding your present and past health and medications.

Some surgical treatments may include:

Laser Skin resurfacing:
Ablative Co2/Er:YAG laser skin resurfacing can improve the appearance of acne scar of all types but requires significant postoperative would care and recovery time.A newer fractional resurfacing device,FRAXEL,shows promice for remodeling acne scar through a series of treatments with less downtime.Nonablative laser are thought to stimulate collegen production and thereby gradually improve the appearance of pitted acne scars.

Dermabrasion:
Demarbasion using high speed diamond buffing drills can remove small and superficial scars and sometimes deep scars.However this method is lightly dependent on practioner technique and can result in scarring in untrained professionals.

Fillers:
Fat transfer and injection of filler substance can be used to elevate acne scar.

Other technique like Punch excision,Punch elevation and Elliptical excision can also be used to remove isolated ice-pick or deep boxar scars.

mimico
07-04-2008, 12:46 PM
I've tried microdermabrasion already. I just simply refer to it as "diamond peel." Anyway, it's not painful at all but it's quite expensive and it hasn't worked for me! I've undergone almost 6 sessions already, once per month, but I haven't seen results. That's the worst part of it. SO I don't really recommend getting this kind of treatment.

There's another procedure I tried which looks like it worked though. I call it IPL (which stands for intense pulse light); it's a kind of non-invasive laser surgery. The only discomfort here is that there's a burning sensation on your skin. But after my first treatment, my acne scars seem to have lightened. My dermatologist advised me to get the treatment once a month only, so I haven't been back yet. But I'll definitely go back for more! I'm hoping to get rid of all my pimple marks after 3 successive treatments. :)

You might want to try this before getting other surgical treatments. :) It's not that expensive and it really did work on me.

akhanna01
07-07-2008, 06:19 PM
as going for a surgical operation you must research and collect information about the procedure and be cautious.

MagicOPromotion
05-27-2009, 09:14 PM
What you dont know yet- I know that what I am about to reveal to you can be almost impossible to believe. But it is 100 truth Do you know what you can cure any sort of acne within 14 days? Seems impossible right? Well see for yourself

james2008
05-28-2009, 01:58 AM
Funny what would that be ? where do i see.

livelife686
07-24-2010, 06:05 PM
I have tried laser skin resurfacing with mine and it worked best. Have other options before proceeding to surgical methods. Okay?

uttoransen
07-28-2010, 04:28 PM
where exactly is the scar and how big it is? also, have you tried the non-surgical methods to get the scar removed?

errinheinz
07-19-2011, 05:18 AM
There are actually various types of Acne scars removal treatment. The one that's trending is the Acne Scar Laser Surgery. Try searching for more information.

acneperfect
10-10-2011, 11:52 AM
There have been a number of exciting advances in laser medicine which have resulted in vast improvements in our ability to acne scar treatment. There is now a whole range of lasers that can be used to achieve satisfactory results. We now use non-ablative lasers, which, unlike CO2, do not remove the top layers of the skin and are non-destructive. These lasers have a lot less risk and are more effective at treating acne scarring than the ablatives. My treatment of choice for acne scarring is a pulsed-dye laser. One of the benefits of the pulsed-dye laser is that it can take the redness out of the acne scars. Since often acne scars are red, this can very quickly, within a month, improve the appearance of acne scars tremendously.

alansteve
10-17-2011, 12:03 PM
Hi,

Before going to surgery once try the natural remedies to cure acne scars...

My doctor has advice me to do a surgical removal of my acne scar.So before going to doctor i would like to know what are the methods of surgical removal of scar.Please do suggest how they really work.

sara145wilson
11-16-2011, 07:18 AM
Hi,

Before going to surgery once try the natural remedies to cure acne scars...

Yes i also agree with you that before going for surgery first try the home remedies to cure your acne........

ChikitaPuss
06-18-2012, 11:36 PM
Surgeons use a number of procedures to remove acne scars in the operating room. In most cases, the area is cleaned and a “freeze spray” is applied before treatment begins.

Microdermabrasion: Your surgeon uses a rotary instrument to sandblast the top layer of skin. Anesthesia is used at your doctor’s discretion. You may experience a burning sensation; pain medication is prescribed. Healing usually takes seven to 10 days, and you'll notice a newer, fresher look as your skin starts to heal.

Collagen Injections/Tissue Fillers: Deep pinmarks or pockmarks disappear with the injection of collagen because it plumps up your skin. Sunken scarring can be improved when your surgeon injects fat from another part of your body or inserts implants under your skin.

Excision and Punch Replacement Graft: A facial scar is removed by placing skin from another area of your body and patching it at the scar site.

Keloid Scar Removal: Your surgeon cuts away the raised, fleshy scarring, and stitches are sewn to the incision site.

Laser Therapy: By directing short pulses of laser light, your physician will smooth out scarred areas. The three most common lasers used are the ultrapulsed carbon dioxide laser, the erbium YAG laser and the pulsed dye yellow light laser.

Chemical Peel: Your dermatologist applies a solution to your face, and within days, the top layers of skin peel off and a new, fresh layer of skin is revealed.

Advantages of Acne Scar Removal

Improved self-confidence
Long-lasting results
Less scarring
No cutting necessary with some of the above procedures
Disadvantages of Acne Scar Removal

Some procedures aren't effective against congenital skin defects, burn scars, certain moles and/or pigmented birthmarks
Must avoid direct sunlight for three to six months
Mild scarring
Procedure may need to be performed more than once

amina
07-10-2012, 07:56 AM
I had acne scars too . i couldn't afford surgeries and laser treatments so i opt for buying scar removal products. I used so many different scar reducing creams but none incredibly worked for me. Recently I heard about this product inviCible scars. I bought it too hoping that it might work out for me and yes it really did !! my scars reduced within 2 weeks.. I’m using it more often now .. One more thing .. since I was appying it on my entire face , I also found out that it has vanished the dark spots that I had for years.i like this product

Sharon Gomez
06-25-2013, 12:35 AM
I think at present you don't have to worry as in the current era the treatment has become much easier then ever before.

kevinkrieger
03-08-2014, 04:28 AM
There are different treatments for different scars. Methods should be considered along with risks involved.