PDA

View Full Version : Smoking and pigmentation please help

ancheal
02-10-2009, 04:02 AM
due to long hours of work i get tired and i have habit of smoking. I usually smoke 5-10 cigarette per day.Lately i have noticed early signs of pigmentation on my skin. Please advice .

Dr.Deepak
02-10-2009, 09:21 AM
Smoking causes decrease in oxygen supply to your skin resulting in decrease of cell elements that helps in reparing your skin, also increases level of free toxin in your body that causes thining of collagen these toxin reduces your body store of vitamin C which is a collagen building nutrient. Finally your skin loses its elasticity giving it a dull and wrinkle look.

Its better to stop smoking or atleast decrease it and take suppliments of vitamins C and antioxidants .This will help your face look better.

shona
03-23-2009, 12:23 AM
The smoking, working long hours and being sleepy all add up to having early signs of pigmentation on your skin. I think you need to cut down on your smoking and try to have a full weekend to yourself where you have a detox, relax and pamper!! Sometimes we just need to look after ourselves a little more! Make sure you drink lots of water that will try and flush any toxins in your body!!

ancheal
04-02-2009, 12:48 PM
I tried stopping many times but still can't.really fraustrated why i did start smoking.

ankitadas
02-16-2011, 06:21 AM
Hi Ancheal,
I was a chain smoker. I used to smoke at least 10 cigarettes a day. And smoking too much effects very bad to our respiratory system and even our skin.
It's really tough to quit smoking. It's like addiction. But I found a way to quit this with the help of electronic cigarettes. It does not contain any nicotine.