PDA

View Full Version : Boils on my buttocks, please help

gracelee
01-31-2009, 10:34 AM
Currently i'm suffering from embarrassing boils on my buttocks.They are large and painful.please advice on how to treat them.

thanks
Gracee

Dr.Deepak
02-01-2009, 01:26 AM
It could be due to sedentary life style or constant friction to your buttocks.If they are large and painful you might need to start a course of antibiotics along with creams like benzoyl peroxide,adapalene 1% or clindamycin gels. If it causes marks it can be lightened by glycolic peels combined with some retinoid products.

boron
02-03-2009, 04:51 PM
Boils, when appear on the skin, are usually caused by Staphylococcus aureus. If they are small - up to 1cm they are called furuncles. They are red and tender, and they usually have a small opeing that represents the exit of the hair follicle.

Boils usually resolve by themselve in several days. Applying hot compresses soaked in warm water can soothe the boil and help it to drain.
When this occurs, you can squeeze it and then cover it with a sterila gauze.

Antibacterial ointments containing mupirocin, and antibacterial soaps can be obtained over-the-counter in pharmacies, but these are not meant to treat boils, but to get rid of Staphylococci from the skin, and thus prevent further infections.

If this doesn't help, antibiotics by mouth are needed.

Next possibility are cystic acne, well this would occur if you have/had problems with acne at any time.

Condition with inflammed lumps around anal area (also often in armpits) is called hydradenytis suppurativa...and that's a bit complicated to treat.

mimico
02-14-2009, 06:26 PM
Uh oh. That's bad! How do you sit and wear pants?! ANyway, I hope the bils are gone now. i think you have to get into a healthier lifestyle now. Don't just sit around all day. And make sure you are hygienic. Wash your clothes regularly, get a shower, and don't sit on any public toilets. You should consult with a doctor to find out more ways to prevent the same condition from happening again.

shona
03-23-2009, 12:14 AM
You should try putting some tee-tree oil on the spots as it will dry the boil up!! Hope your feeling better!

gracelee
05-21-2009, 06:24 AM
Uh oh. That's bad! How do you sit and wear pants?! ANyway, I hope the bils are gone now. i think you have to get into a healthier lifestyle now. Don't just sit around all day. And make sure you are hygienic. Wash your clothes regularly, get a shower, and don't sit on any public toilets. You should consult with a doctor to find out more ways to prevent the same condition from happening again.

hihi yea they are gone. i took some antibiotics and they all disappear.

anabellab
07-06-2011, 12:55 PM
I also used to suffer from boils on buttocks but I eventually switched to more healthy eating habits and it seem that it really helped me. I totally quitted fast food and alcohol, it wasn't easy but I was suffering terribly from boils in that area so I was really desperate to get rid of them. Remember to include a lot of fresh fruit and vegetables in your diet