PDA

View Full Version : Apple Cider for Eczema

mimico
07-03-2008, 12:54 PM
Since I have a milk case of eczema, I've always been on the hunt for the best cure. Unfortunately, I've had some hits and misses in that department. The last natural cure I've tried is apple cider vinegar. I take tablets once in while to help prevent weight gain due to water retention, but my mom claims that it will help my skin condition as well. True enough, after a week of applying it on my itchy skin, it worked!

Those of you who suffer from eczema might want to try this cheap and effective remedy at home. Be warned though: it hurts!!! Applying vinegar over open wounds will make you wince and wince and wince. So you have to be brave! Perhaps the tablet form will work as well, but I'm not really sure.

BrendaMarie
07-09-2008, 04:24 PM
I've never heard of this but considering the amount of pain that you're talking about (and that I can very well imagine), I don't think that it'd work for me. I'd love to know if the tablets work though.

Djmarie21
09-20-2008, 06:41 PM
I have heard about taking the apple cider vinegar internally, but never putting it directly on my eczema. I am thinking that I won't be trying that! Let me know if it works!

Djmarie21
01-08-2009, 04:11 PM
I am going to ask in this thread also:
Is taking ACV internally during pregnancy safe? I have tried to research it on the internet but I have not found a positive yes or no. Does anyone on here know? Thanks!

MagicOPromotion
05-29-2009, 08:07 PM
I have scalp P and i use 1/2 and 1/2 Apple Cider Vinegar and Hot water AFTER i wash and condition my hair

It rinses away the scents, perfumes and other irritants that are found in just about all shampoos and condtioners and really helps ALOT

saggy
02-25-2010, 12:00 PM
Apple cider vinegar, or simply known as cider vinegar, has been commonly deemed as a "cure all" solution. It is made from cider or apple must, and is often sold unfiltered, with a brownish-yellow color; it often contains mother of vinegar. Many who have used apple cider vinegar testifies positive results in bring relief to various health conditions. How can apple cider vinegar help those with eczema?

Firstly, apple cider vinegar is extremely rich is vitamins and minerals which can give the immune system a good boost. A strong immune system is the first step to eczema healing. If you have a good immune system, half the battle is won. One of the main vitamin which is extremely beneficial to those with eczema is beta carotene. Apple cider vinegar's beta-carotene is said to be in a "natural, easy to digest form. It is also very rich in potassium which is helpful in easing the effects of allergies. Other immune system boosting vitamins in apple cider vinegar includes amino acids, bioflavonoids and antioxidant.

As apple cider vinegar contains antibacterial and anti-fungal properties, it is beneficial for people with skin infection and dry skin conditions such as eczema. To relief itch and dryness of the skin, try applying a mixture of 50/50 of apple cider vinegar and water on the affected areas. If you use this on a child, make it more diluted as the mixture can be quite stinging.

myskinsational
07-07-2011, 05:10 PM
I add organic ACV to my tea to get the benefits internally. For face and hair I dilute it 1:1 with filtered water. For skin I mist it on after cleansing and before a moisturizer, for hair I spray it after rinsing the conditioner out and towel drying.
We use it on our horses to help their manes and tails grow!

vencasand
07-08-2011, 01:22 PM
dj marie, i have checked out some medical web sites and there is not one that says you shouldn't take a dose or coctail of vinegar if you are pregnant. the best vinegar is the one that hasn't been pasturized. it still has parts of the apple and looks a little murky. this is the one with the most benefits according to what i read. AVC is good for all around good health. i don't mind eating it in a salad with EVOO but i don't know if i could stand to drink it even watered down.

pepsimax
07-08-2011, 08:22 PM
I personally have never used ACV as it is, or at least was, tested on animals. I would take this with caution as there may be long-term risks associated with the acidity of apple cider vinegar, including low blood potassium levels or diminished bone mineral density. Excessive doses of apple cider vinegar have been found to cause damage to the stomach, duodenum, and liver in animals.

mck123
07-21-2011, 09:41 AM
My friend first diluted apple cider vinegar with water and soaked in it and pour the apple cider vinegar on to the effected area.He also applied moisturizer after rinsing with this vinegar.It really works.

josemdonati
11-09-2011, 01:43 AM
Hey guys
I've read previously read an article about eczema it says that "In the therapy of eczema, there are numerous different treatment options, each organic and prescription. When you endure from eczema, you will locate that there is no one size fits all policy. The great news is that there are some that have been proven to operate in the majority of situations, and apple cider vinegar is emerging as the most positive method.

When you use apple cider vinegar internally, it has been used to detoxify the body and skin, which helps you to eliminate bacteria and harmful toxins that might aggravate issues with eczema. But it has also been recognized to aid you to boost a weak immune technique, which plays into eczema. And it assists you to battle pressure and fatigue. When you use apple cider vinegar, you will uncover that it helps you to reverse the problems related with a diet program of refined sugars and processed foods. And it can support you to eliminate toxins such as mercury and other poisonous components that can damage the skin"

Sgeethi012
12-09-2011, 07:52 AM
How long it takes to cure ? are you doing this regularly ?

vencasand
12-09-2011, 01:24 PM
I am sorry to say there are no cures for eczema just treatments that can clear the skin but how long these treatments last is another story. i think it is fantastic that it works for some people. the acv, i am talking about. it is good for poison ivy also.

y34963
12-12-2011, 07:42 AM
Brenda you are so right. There is no cure just treatments that can make it more comfortable.

RivannaRow
12-20-2011, 02:27 PM
While some of these home remedies like apple cider vinegar do seem effective, I haven't found anything to work better than Eucerin Calming Creme. This moisturizer is infused with oatmeal extract to help soothe existing eczema flares and prevent new ones. I'd apply it after showering to lock in existing moisture.

Cytokine
12-23-2011, 11:49 AM
Hey,

Sea salt tends to help with variety of skin problems including eczema. I've recently got involved in a company that sells really good skin care products and one of their main ingredients are dead sea salt minerals. If you are interested for more information here is the website [url under review]