PDA

View Full Version : More Bubbles=Cleaner?

mimico
07-03-2008, 12:24 PM
I've been using different types of hand and body soaps for the past few years. I really like to try out different products, but I've noticed that the good smelling ones tend to produce less bubbles while the normal everyday soaps have a lot more bubbles. This made me wonder: are soapy,bubbly, suddy soaps more effective in germ killing and cleaning than those that don't produce as much bubbles? The reaosn I'm asking is that both my current body wash and facial wash don't bubble! At all! I don't use a sponge or loofah for my body wash so it goes on smoothly like lotion would do, while my facial wash is water-based. Help please! Would love to know the answer now so I can switch to a different brand. Thanks.

titaniumhijau
07-03-2008, 01:06 PM
I heard it before from some doctors. For first time, i don't know the difference with others soap or cleaner. But some of them said its mroe better you use some soap with water based. The more bubbles the more better for your skin. Actually, until today i don't know its true or not. But my skin and face are great now even i'm a man. :D

mimico
07-03-2008, 01:34 PM
I heard it before from some doctors. For first time, i don't know the difference with others soap or cleaner. But some of them said its mroe better you use some soap with water based. The more bubbles the more better for your skin. Actually, until today i don't know its true or not. But my skin and face are great now even i'm a man. :D

So what do you use now? Does you soap and facial wash have a lot of bubbles? I also heard that water-based facial cleansers are better. I've even goggled it up. Unfortunately, water-based means less bubbles and perhaps less clean?

titaniumhijau
07-03-2008, 02:12 PM
So what do you use now? Does you soap and facial wash have a lot of bubbles? I also heard that water-based facial cleansers are better. I've even goggled it up. Unfortunately, water-based means less bubbles and perhaps less clean?
That one only sold at my country only and it was home made. So, i don't think you can have it..

mimico
07-05-2008, 01:12 PM
That one only sold at my country only and it was home made. So, i don't think you can have it..

That's fine then thanks anyway. I really want to know the answer to this question so I checked it out on Wikipedia and here's what i found:

Soaps are useful for cleaning because soap molecules attach readily to both nonpolar molecules (such as grease or oil) and polar molecules (such as water). Although grease will normally adhere to skin or clothing, the soap molecules can attach to it as a "handle" and make it easier to rinse away. Applied to a soiled surface, soapy water effectively holds particles in suspension so the whole of it can be rinsed off with clean water.

(fatty end) :CH3-(CH2)n-CO2- +Na: (water soluble end)

The hydrocarbon ("fatty") portion dissolves dirt and oils, while the ionic end makes it soluble in water. Therefore, it allows water to remove normally-insoluble matter by emulsification.

So I guess more bubbles really does mean more clean! :)

Dr. Teeth
07-05-2008, 06:41 PM
yeah, you got it right!
more bubbles, more cleaner.
the best example you can check out while washing your clothes or utensils.

chicque
07-06-2008, 01:41 PM
no no no no no it does not! my doctor says that more bubbles don't exactly mean it cleans you up more. i used to use this soap bar to clean my face, but my doctor prescribed me this water/gel based cleanser that he says is more effective.

lilabytes
07-09-2008, 01:34 PM
The finer the bubbles, the better. Olive oil-based soaps make finer bubbles than coconut oil-based soaps. Olive oil moisturizes the skin while coconut oil is used for washing clothes.

BrendaMarie
07-09-2008, 04:32 PM
It seems that everyone thinks the more bubbles the better but I've never honestly seen any proof of this. I'd love to read an article about this. Does anyone have any to share?

Avonlee1983
07-10-2008, 03:51 AM
I have noticed that the more bubbles the cleanser and soap has, the "cleaner" I feel. Of course that doesn't necessarily mean that they can be better and I really don't SEE any actual difference.

BrendaMarie
07-10-2008, 05:45 AM
Ya, I think that the bubbles do something to program our brain but that's about all that I see them doing.

lilabytes
07-10-2008, 01:29 PM
The bubbles vary from different oils they're made out of. When the bubbles are foamy, then it's moisturizing and would be good for your skin. Do search about it on the net and you'll know what I mean.

shona
04-06-2009, 09:02 PM
I think if you use a sponge then you will see more bubbles. I think its all about how you wash yourself not what with!!

brybry
04-09-2009, 01:06 AM
I remember bubbles in my childhood, like most things they seemed bigger back then ;)

I still do it today though, if I have bubble bath or Radox etc I always make lots of bubbles. it helps relax me.

vencasand
04-13-2009, 02:01 PM
botanical soaps don't suds up but they are cleansing and very mild for sensitive skin. i have used Makeup artists choice bars and they are great.

Ilovebeautiful
04-16-2009, 12:42 PM
I don't think the more bubbles the better.

Himaloy
06-28-2009, 06:17 PM
The more bubbles the more better for your skin,but it varry from person to person

chinee
05-29-2010, 12:25 PM
Well, I beg to disagree with that, maybe it all depends on how effective will the soap be. We all have different skin types so I guess what might be effective for me might not be that effective for you. Its not because of the bubbles like, I have tried plenty of soaps already and many of them produced a lot of bubbles but still I decided to stop using them because they made me feel so itchy.

y34963
05-30-2010, 05:18 AM
The soap, shower gel or shampoo doesn't need lots of bubbles to be effective. I agree with Chinee, we tend to like bubbles but they are just fluff. I make all of my own products and lots of my formulas for shampoo, shower gels, etc. do not have a lot of lather but my hair still gets very clean and because all of the products are PH balanced my hair and body is liking all of them.