PDA

View Full Version : How much pain is normal for a Pap test?

Shizakhan
04-12-2018, 10:19 AM
In some cases yes. If your GP didn’t mention anything of note, you may still experience discomfort, and even a bit of bleeding after the procedure.

By the time my GP has futtered around trying to find a speculum that fits I am already tense enough to launch said speculum back in Docs face, then yes I feel (and have done so for every one I’ve ever had) the actual flavour of the year that they are using to scrape the cervix with. I call the latest model which is shown in the Quora link below the Cathedral Flu Brush. So that is uncomfortable, then just after, or even a few minutes later my cervix (feels like) cramps & tries to crawl even higher up into my body, and the sensation can last for hours.

I always wear a pad in case there is some bleeding after.

I would worry if I wasn’t feeling better after about 24–48 hours, or if you are bleeding or have any discharge. I didn’t find a lot on my search, but the 2 links below may help. On a historic note the design of speculum they are using has been around for Centuries (& feels like it!!!!)

restbits
06-20-2018, 09:20 PM
I never experience any pain whenever I go for a pap test. What did the doctor say about that?