PDA

View Full Version : What do you know about Mascara?

Natural Elements
01-19-2009, 07:07 PM
I recently read an article on internet telling people that Mascara contain mercury.

In my opinion that's pretty scary if is true. Even with very small quantity, mercury is a poison.

Here more information about mercury poisoning: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercury_poisoning

Have you ever used this product?

beatrix_kiddo
02-17-2009, 11:35 AM
I think that is a hoax because there is no use of mercury being in makeup. Also Mercury is banned from use except verry specific purposes. I think only ingested mercury can be harmful not so much other wise. I can be wrong though.

vencasand
02-17-2009, 03:01 PM
in the usa all mercury has been banned for all topical preparations. from medicinal to cosmetics. i know you are very into all natural products and to each his own. i use natural products when i can but if you are talking about cosmetics from the usa you are way off.

mimico
02-22-2009, 08:13 PM
I just make sure to buy my cosmetics from an established brand, which is why I am not so much interested in trying out mineral makeup. Anyway, I feel safer buying from know brands such as Maybelline and Shu Uemura when it comes to makeup including mascara. I think they do more tests plus if anything goes wrong, I can complain and hey would listen.