PDA

View Full Version : Full body eczema, or something else?

Bentley36
03-07-2017, 09:37 AM
Hi. So this question is regarding my boyfriend.

For the last month, and it is still on going, he has been itching his entire body LIKE CRAZY. It's to the point where he can't sleep at night. (Currently has dishydrotic eczema on his hands and wrists) His whole body is itchy but there is no red rash or anything. He has taken Benadryl and can't even fall asleep when taking that because the itching is so bad. He's itching his thighs, arms, back, hands, and neck.

He went to the doctor and the doctor, as well as a dermatologist, said he has irritated hair follicles and they prescribed him some pills for it. A week has passed and he has seen no change in the itching, only that it's getting worse. (Used to only itch at night, but now it's all day)

We have looked up symptoms of eczema, and found that full body eczema could irritate hair follicles and cause itching. Could it be this??

He also recently got about 4 shiny blisters on his penis. As I was very concerned, since he has only had a few sexual partners whom did not have herpes, as well as I am almost positive I do not have it. I looked up images and symptoms of herpes and It does not match what he has on his penis, as he says the blisters don't really hurt or itch. i have been searching the internet to figure out what these blisters are, and found images of eczema on the penis. Eczema blisters on the penis look exactly like what my boyfriend has. His blisters are red, shiny, and the skin around his penis is a little dry. The blisters are starting to scab over a little and dry up, but not all, as some scabs got rubbed off during sex.

So overall, could his full body itching and blisters all be from eczema???

eczemaliving
04-07-2017, 05:50 AM
I get quite a few questions about skin problems like eczema and psoriasis. I’m not a dermatologist by any means, but I have had some personal experience with eczema (in myself and family) and have found some natural remedies that are helpful so I wanted to share.

I feel it is important to note that all of the topical remedies in the world didn’t help us until we addressed the underlying problem, specifically: diet and lifestyle factors that were causing/contributing to the eczema to begin with.

How to Get Rid of Eczema

1. Coconut Oil

I use coconut oil for everything. It is one of the things that would absolutely be on my list in a you-are-going-to-an-island-and-can-only-bring-five-things type situation. We use it for skin, hair, teeth, health and even soap making at our house, but it is also great for eczema (as long as the person isn’t allergic/intolerant to coconut!).

2. Sea Spray

For eczema that is wet/oozing, I’ve found that drying it works better than trying to moisturize it and offers relief. For this, we use a homemade salt and magnesium spray. I’ve often heard people with skin problems say that they felt better at the beach, and it makes sense. Between the Vitamin D, the magnesium and the minerals in the water, the beach is great for skin health!

3. Magnesium Baths

For some people with eczema, soaking in water makes it worse. For those who tolerate it, magnesium baths and other types of detox baths can be helpful in skin healing.

I regularly add a cup of epsom salts or magnesium flakes and a few tablespoons of Himalayan salt to my kids baths. When I have the time, I take relaxing baths in this mixture also.

4. Dab some honey on it

Honey performs all the staple tasks needed to relieve symptoms of eczema. It’s anti-microbial, anti-inflammatory, helps speed up the healing process of broken skin, and it’s a humectant (draws water to it.) The downside is that it can get sticky, so this is best when used over small areas, rather than slathered all up and down your legs and arms.

You will need…
-Organic, raw, honey
-Bandage (optional)

5. Probiotics

Just as with the Fermented Cod Liver Oil, probiotics are one supplement that seems to make a noticeable difference with skin health (if the problem is diet/gut related). For us, high quality probiotics were vital when we were intensively doing GAPS.

Probiotics and probiotic-rich foods are another element that is often missing from the modern diet. I’m constantly seeing more research on the many ways that gut bacteria influences our health. In the past, people often preserved food by fermenting it, which also was a good source of probiotics for them. Now, most foods are dead, and we rarely ferment them in the traditional ways, so we don’t consume probiotic rich foods without a specific effort to do so.

you find what works for your eczema symptoms. You may use it whatever way you want, however, please consult your doctor before making any changes to your routine.

Thanks,
Nav