PDA

View Full Version : The sun and me

dWhite
01-11-2009, 03:15 PM
This seems weird, but sometimes the sun makes my skin itch really bad. I'm not really sure what's causing it, but the itching gets so bad to the point where I am leaving marks on myself.

Anyone know the cause of this?

Natural Elements
01-11-2009, 05:28 PM
Hello DWhite,

If you have some troubles with your skin that is itching, you skin need to be moisturize. Don't use chemical products that will dammage your cells skin, use natural products only.

boron
01-28-2009, 06:25 PM
If by any chance the itch is confined only to one or both hands and maybe shoulders and upper back, this may be brachioradial pruritus or "itchy upper arm syndrome". The cause is not known.
You can read about itchy arms.
If the itch also appear after the hot shower, during running, or any time you get hot, then this may be cholinergic urticaria. Small red bumpy hives appear on the skin and itchiness last for 30 minutes to two hours. This type of itch is relieved by oral antihistamines.

mimico
02-16-2009, 06:06 PM
Do you sweat? Maybe it's the sweat that causes the itching and not really the sun. I myself am allergic to sweat. Like when I sweat I become really itchy but only in the sweaty areas. You can try using a cooling powder to keep your skin cool and fresh. Or just use an umbrella.

vencasand
02-17-2009, 03:07 PM
it might be a reaction from something you are wearing that interacts with the sun. if you are taking certain antibiotics like sulfa drug, doxycycline, minocycline etc. they all react with sun exposure. use extra sunscreen when the sun is really bright.