PDA

View Full Version : Mother Nature’s skin remedies.

aliva
07-02-2008, 08:31 PM
Sometimes, the best of beauty therapies may come, not out of a bottle, but from your kitchen cabinet/refrigerator. The household items listed below have been doubling up as beautifiers since Cleopatra’s time.

Lemon/powdered milk scrub: - Lemon and milk have natural AHAs that can slough off dry, rough skin and help reduce blemishes and fine lines. Mix the juice of 3 lemons with 1 cup of powdered milk until a paste forms. Rub on your elbows, knees, and feet. Wait 15 to 20 minutes, and then scrub off with a sponge.

Yogurt/honey as a hydrating mask:- This pair (both AHAs) smooths skin, cleans pores, and banishes breakouts. Besides being antibacterial, honey holds in moisture. Mix 2 table spoons of plain yogurt and 1 teaspoon of honey. Apply and wait 5 minutes. Rinse.

Vinegar as an astringent:- It reduces acne breakouts by removing excess oil, killing bacteria, and normalizing the skin’s pH. Mix 25ml of vinegar with 250ml of water. Dab on with a cotton ball; allow skin to dry naturally.

Let the skin glow.::)

alice
07-03-2008, 01:24 AM
Thanks for your great tips aliva. I myself use rose water as a toner/astringent. I haven't use vinegar..but will give it a go to see how it works with me.

Starchild47
07-03-2008, 04:30 AM
Oatmeal baths work great for itchy dry skin even works for kids with rashes or chicken pox. I use all natural bath and body products if I have any choice in the matter as I have found them much better than the stuff you buy at the store which is really bad for our skin

akhanna01
07-07-2008, 06:50 PM
apply the pack of fresh curd and multani mitti to get some glowing effect on your face and yoyu also get free from pimpuls and spots .