PDA

View Full Version : Get rid of all dairy?!?!

Djmarie21
01-10-2009, 03:31 AM
I spoke to a master herbalist today. She checked out my hands and recommended that I get rid of all the dairy in my diet. I am not sure I can do that! I love my cheese! Most of my meals have cheese in them or on them! Then again, maybe that is why my eczema has gotten so very bad.

Has anyone found this to work for them?

I am getting so desperate!

Ashu
01-10-2009, 04:54 AM
There are many confusion about dairy products and eczema .I personally don't think that dairy products can cause eczema,but yea if its causing your eczema worsen then you can avoid it.But yea its very hard to avoid dairy products in your diet.You can visit dietician for better suggestions and you can check for allergy test for dairy products if its causing you eczema.

Djmarie21
01-12-2009, 07:48 PM
Well, I gave in and had some cheese. I could only go two days without eating dairy. I am not a big milk fan and I don't eat a lot of ice cream, but cheese is my downfall!

boron
01-28-2009, 06:59 PM
Skin rash in food allergies usually appears as hives that goes away after few hours.

You can have skin tests for common household allergens, molds, pet dander, dust mites, etc.

mimico
01-29-2009, 03:05 AM
I have eczema too and never noticed any problems with dairy. Maybe it's just you? Haha. But I think you can tell what's bad for your skin. You shouldn't need a master herbalist for that. Like when I eat certain food like peanuts and mangoes, I start to itch and it's really bad. I agree with Boron, you might want to try a skin test. I heard that it's pain free and easy, but I have been putting mine off as well! :O

SkinAdvice
03-04-2009, 10:19 PM
Although there is no proof that dairy makes your eczema symptoms get worse, there is a strong correlation between the two. I recommend eliminating dairy products from your diet & your eczema might just improve.

Starchild47
03-08-2009, 09:41 PM
A lot of people in the holistic community feel that food allergies cause a lot of issues including skin rashes and eczema. I have a real hard time believing that dairy products are the culprit of all the things they blame on them.
I would recommend limiting your dairy intake if you are concerned but do not starve yourself from your favorite cheese.
Eczema can be caused by allergies to a lot of things in your environment. I worked with a lady who had allergies to the chemicals she worked with in her salon.
She had real good luck using Emu oil on her hands for it.

MagicOPromotion
05-26-2009, 06:40 AM
Ive always found that Glad All Over song thats played when Vale have netted about as exciting as a day out in Forest Park.

Get rid.

jstevenson
05-27-2009, 07:50 PM
Eliminating dairy in your diet has many benefits, but will have different effects on different people.

emmawatson
06-02-2010, 06:30 AM
Sufferers looking for a long-lasting eczema treatment understand the pain and embarrassment this skin condition can cause. Many try one topical solution after another to no avail. The problem lies in the fact that topical solutions do nothing more than treat eczema symptoms. Once the treatment is stopped, the symptoms return. This article will offer information about a treatment that will get to the root of eczema and cure it for good.