PDA

View Full Version : plaque psoriasis

vencasand
01-03-2009, 03:03 PM
i have plaque psoriasis on both my legs. i am using triamcinolone to help the bad breakout but just when i think the areas are clearing up i bump my leg or my dogs accidently scratch me and i am back to being where i was before i started the triamcinolone. i am a woman who has shaved her legs since i was 13. i am now 59 and i love smooth legs but with this psoriasis i don't know if shaving my legs will make it worse. does anyone know? thanks in advance:o

Dr.Deepak
01-04-2009, 04:16 PM
Well shaving your legs won't make it worst if you do it in proper way.

You can use electric razors as it might be soft and less irritating.You can also use traditional blade razor but rmember to moisturize your skin before you shave.Make sure you won't get cut while shaving as cuts and trauma can lead to new patches of psoriasis, which is known as Koebner's phenomenon.

Other options might be Waxing as it lasts longer than shaving but waxing sometimes lead to serious skin irritation and allergy.

Kay
01-06-2009, 05:13 AM
Hi vencasand, nice to meet you. Coincidentally I saw a page at WebMD today that was home to a Plaque Psoriasis Treatment Center that discusses a treatment called Endrel. I thought you might be interested in it and that I'd pass it on just in case it was of any help to you. I'm not associated with them in any way, just trying to share information. :)

http://www.webmd.com/plaque-psoriasis-treatment-center/default.htm

Hummad
01-22-2009, 08:10 AM
Vencasand:
I thing if your take a little care you may control your condition. these are some tips for your to counter your Psoriasis.
Try to avoid dresses except cotton maid dresses.

Use sunscreen when go out in extreme hours of summer. But take care about the ingredient of the sunscreens. Because some screens have been found made by toxic chemical materials, which are harmful for skin and may worsen your Psoriasis.

Keep your skin moist in this way you may stop your skin being dryer, Dry skin causes the increase in scales of Psoriasis.

Leave all anxiety and depression due to Psoriasis in your skin. Be normal and hopeful to get rid from this skin condition. Stress is a major reason behind increase in Psoriasis.

Smoking is not better specially for the patients of psoriasis. Even it increases the risk of being affected by Psoriasis far more time in healthy persons.

abhinav
03-15-2009, 04:01 PM
One of the most uncomfortable things about psoriasis is the associated itchiness. Cool water can help relief this itchiness. Try a wet towel, a cold shower, a cold bath or a cold pack.

I also have some other remedies that may help you :)

1.Evening primrose oil can be found in cream or lotion form. It can also be taken as a nutritional supplement.

2.Tea tree can be applied to the skin or added to baths.

3.Fish oil, taken as a supplement, can help improve the symptoms associated with psoriasis.

Rohoms
03-15-2009, 06:03 PM
Enbrel cured my plaque psoriasis. Now, no health insurance now and the plaques have tripled. ANY irritation causes another one. Steriod Creams??? for me total waist of time.:(

Methotrexate? Does it work?? Side effects? Jees, wish I could get back on Enbrel....no side effects for me.

Hummad
03-16-2009, 07:15 AM
I am agree with yout that the Steriod Creams are nothing except waist of time. It is better to use simple tips as mentioned on vitiligoguide.com/psoriasis than testing such creame which gives negative effects a lot.

vencasand
03-16-2009, 02:29 PM
I want to thank you for all your suggestions! i think enbrel is too extreme for me. i already have some of the side effects and i haven't ever tried it!! methodrexate would probably help and it has side effects too but robehou if you want the next step down that is the way to go. steroid creams aren't helping. i can live with this but i get so itchy. that is when the steroid crms work. but as far as making the psoriasis ease they are worthless. i just got this about 2 years ago when my stress level went through the roof. i will keep trying things to see if they help. thanks again.

Rohoms
03-16-2009, 07:26 PM
Did someone say stress? Not working, sometimes hungry, living with my brother and sister in law....mega,multiple,breakouts...I'll see what the methotrexate does, but don't want to lose any more hair. Methotrexate seems more extreme to me. THanks, Robert