PDA

View Full Version : Where can you get makeup samples online?

Kay
12-29-2008, 01:13 AM
I'm in a rural area so it's not easy to pop into a mall's department store and go to the makeup dept to sweet talk the sales assistant into parting with some free samples. Anywhere I could get them online would be good though. Does anyone have some places up their sleeve where you can get makeup freebies?

mimico
12-29-2008, 05:29 AM
If you're into mineral makeup, there are many websites online that will ship free samples. Most of these sites sell unbranded or unknown brands though so there's no guarantee on how it'll look on your face. If you want to have better samples, then you have to at least buy something (say from Sephora) and they will include free samples in your order. :) Hope this helps.

Kay
12-30-2008, 10:03 PM
If you're into mineral makeup, there are many websites online that will ship free samples. Most of these sites sell unbranded or unknown brands though so there's no guarantee on how it'll look on your face. If you want to have better samples, then you have to at least buy something (say from Sephora) and they will include free samples in your order. :) Hope this helps.

Thanks, mimico! I don't mind shelling out for something when I'll be getting some freebies along with it. Where I used to live the Clinique counter in the department store would give you mini-bottles of something else if you bought a product.

I just remembered there that the Oil of Olay site sent out the odd sachet if you registered with them. I did long ago but have moved since then. I must sign up again if it's still the same. They were pretty regular from what I recall with handing out freebies.

wendycave
01-06-2009, 07:34 PM
Nothing is for free in this world.If some website is giving free makeup samples they will charge a shipping and in that they covers up the cost of the product.If you are a big celeb then any company would be more than happy to give free sample to you for free publicity.Another possibility is magazines or public websites may get free samples to get their product reviewed but companies giving free samples to individuals will go into loss and no company can afford that.

SkinCareDiva
02-05-2009, 10:26 PM
Mario badescu does free skin care samples and no charge for shipping. You get a cool set of stuff. as far as make up, not sure.

beatrix_kiddo
02-17-2009, 11:34 AM
If you are a US citizen i have heard of something called makeupalley.com where you can swap make up with other women. Hope that is of some help to you.