PDA

View Full Version : Any recommendations on a lightweight foundation?

Kay
12-29-2008, 01:10 AM
I find it a real challenge to get one that gives decent coverage but is lightweight enough not to look like I'm wearing a mask. With being pale it makes it hard to find a decent match colorwise as well. Any suggestions? (and remember I'm a cheapskate LOL)

mimico
12-29-2008, 05:25 AM
I like Maybelline's liquid foundation. They just changed the packaging in my area, but it's still the same. It's very affordable at just around $5-$7 and it's very light as well. The coverage isn't great of course, so don't expect to cover up acne scars with it. Overall, it's good for evening out your skin tone and re-application isn't necessary.

I've tried their powder version as well and it's great too! :) It doesn't last as long, but it's very affordable and blends nicely with my skin.

Mrs_caligurl
12-30-2008, 09:34 PM
Hello, I like Jane Iredale Dream tint it is light weight and is Mineral Makeup.

Kay
12-30-2008, 09:49 PM
I like Maybelline's liquid foundation. They just changed the packaging in my area, but it's still the same. It's very affordable at just around $5-$7 and it's very light as well. The coverage isn't great of course, so don't expect to cover up acne scars with it. Overall, it's good for evening out your skin tone and re-application isn't necessary.

I've tried their powder version as well and it's great too! :) It doesn't last as long, but it's very affordable and blends nicely with my skin.

Thanks mimico! I don't think I've tried Maybelline before apart from eyeliner and mascara. That's nice and cheap too. Me and powder versions just don't seem to get along though, why I don't know but they never seem to look right.

I'm lucky in that I've never had acne and probably get one spot in a year. I've barely a wrinkle yet so don't need anything heavy. In fact people don't believe me when I introduce my 20 year old son and he gets terribly miffed if they think I'm his big sister or even worse, his girlfriend LOL. That happened once and we've never let him forget it.

Hello, I like Jane Iredale Dream tint it is light weight and is Mineral Makeup.

Mrs caligurl, thanks for the tips! I'm not familiar with them. Are they brands you can pick up easily or would I have to get them somewhere in particular? I don't like anything that's glittery by the way. I should have mentioned that. Thanks!

Elena K
01-03-2009, 06:54 AM
I don't like anything that's glittery by the way.

In that case, if you decide to go for mineral foundation make sure that it does not contain mica (at least as one of four first ingredients)

alldaymakeup
03-09-2009, 02:04 AM
I love SeneGence light weight, waterproof and anti-aging.