PDA

View Full Version : What is meant by Face mapping?

nlp18
12-26-2008, 05:19 AM
For Dermalogica, face mapping is a modern, advanced and revolutionary approach for skins. The therapists split the face into zones, in which they form a map and used to move inch by inch on face for treatment.

zones 1 & 3
Traditionally, this zone is regarded as the "sister" to the bladder and digestive system. If you breakout frequently in this area, it might mean that you need to improve your elimination by drinking more water and eating more "whole" foods.

zone 2
The middle of the forehead, between the eyebrows, is related to the liver. Congestion in this zone can indicate over consumption of alcohol, rich foods, and possibly a food allergy (such as lactose intolerance).

zones 4 & 10
The ears are highly sensitive area related to kidneys. If you notice that your ears are very hot, you might be stressing them out - drink plenty of plain water and cut down on caffeine and alcohol.

zones 5 & 9
The cheeks often give an accurate glimpse into any respiratory distress. Smokers or people suffering from allergies generally experience fine, broken capillaries or congestion in this area.

zones 6 & 8
The eyes are truly a window to the body's health because they're related to the kidneys. Dark circles, while here datary, are made worse by dehydration and poor elimination.

zone 7
A reddened nose can indicate heightened blood pressure, or the early stages of rosacea. Congestion around the upper lip can occur if you use comedogenic lipsticks or liners.

zones 11 & 13
If you've had extensive dental surgery done, you might notice a breakout in the jaws near years.

zone 14
Don't forget to include your neck in your treatment regimen - its skin is just as fragile as that on your face, so it definitely needs the benefits of motorization and sun protection.

As, it is an important information for derma care people, i took this information from some google search source. If Admin want to me to edit this section, let me know. I edit this and post later.

mimico
12-28-2008, 01:08 PM
Too bad you can't post a diagram of the zones here, it would have been helpful! Anyway, I studied something similar for a Chinese medicine class which makes me think that this face mapping technique is rooted in the Chinese culture...