PDA

View Full Version : Dark spots on corners of mouth(angular cheilitis?)

bobo
12-06-2015, 10:59 PM
I've had these dark spots on the corners of my mouth for the past couple of years: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=9zyhk4&s=9. They started out pretty small but have steadily gotten larger over the years, and they don't hurt or itch but feel dry and uncomfortable sometimes. I used to lip my licks a lot, which was probably a factor, but I've stopped doing that for a long time. I saw my doctor a couple weeks and she said it was angular cheilitis(though I've never grown cracks or sores, just those dark spots), and prescribed my muriprocin to treat the supposed fungal infection. That didn't work, and I'm getting really desperate because its becoming really noticeable. I applied vaseline for about a year, which didn't work, and neither did hydrocortisone cream. Now, I'm taking vitamin B2 supplements and using vitamin E cream, which don't seem to be working either. What do you guys think, is this angular cheilitis? Any ideas or solutions would be much appreciated. Thanks!

fatimadestiny
12-19-2015, 05:43 PM
omG first of all please never ever ever ever apply vaseline on conditions such as that. I'm not sure if it's angular cheilitis as it doesn't look cracked or red, it just seems to me that its just dark. when i was a little younger i had a little darkening due to what i used to use but only for a little while (don't remember) but it faded after a while not quite sure what i used back than. Personally the picture you posted isn't clear enough but i may have something that might do it some justice.

best of luck anyways!