PDA

View Full Version : How do you remove make-up stains on sponges?

mimico
12-26-2008, 01:23 AM
I always use a bar of Dove soap to clean my sponges after every use. But sometimes, when I use a particular brand of liquid foundation, it's so hard to remove the stains left on the sponge even after numerous washing. I end up having to throw away the sponge or put away the foundation. Do you guys have any experience or tips on this?

Kay
12-26-2008, 04:36 AM
I think some sponges just get beyond the stage where you can hope they'll spring back to normal, mimico. Have you tried dampening them and rubbing a baking soda paste into them then rinsing it all out? I've found it can lift stains and with it being non-toxic nor harsh, it would be ideal for those. Worth a try anyway. :)

beatrix_kiddo
01-10-2009, 01:18 PM
Leave your make up sponges in warm water with a few drops of liquid soap. Later dry the in an airy place but in not too much sunlight. This usually works for me. Then again sponges shouldn't be reused much because they came become a home of bacteria. They are not that expensive and can be replaced after every few uses. Hope that helps.

mimico
01-11-2009, 09:16 AM
Well thanks both f you for your responses. I guess I'll the the baking soda technique and will replace the sponge I have now. I have a lot of them, it's just that my mind tells me to keep using iut until it breaks or if it's too "yellow" already heehee. I'll have to monitor my sponge usage more closely.